Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i've been searching around the forum for a couple hours and haven't really found exactly what i'm looking for.

I'm planning on installing 2x DC power outlets on my '15 Versys 650 instead of 1x outlet and 1x gear indicator. From what i've read so far on the forum it sounds like the Mk3 V has 4 accessories plug and play sets, that are under various fairings around the gas tank?

Just wondering if anyone else has done 2x DC outlets as well and any suggestions they may have? I was planning on doing soldered connections, coating them in electrical grease, then shrink wrapping them.

I also plan on installing a pair of Cyclops LED headlights to reduce the load on my electrical system as well.

Any tips, or pictures of WHERE exactly the other accessories ports are are greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey guys, so i've been searching around the forum for a couple hours and haven't really found exactly what i'm looking for.

I'm planning on installing 2x DC power outlets on my '15 Versys 650 instead of 1x outlet and 1x gear indicator. From what i've read so far on the forum it sounds like the Mk3 V has 4 accessories plug and play sets, that are under various fairings around the gas tank?

Just wondering if anyone else has done 2x DC outlets as well and any suggestions they may have? I was planning on doing soldered connections, coating them in electrical grease, then shrink wrapping them.

I also plan on installing a pair of Cyclops LED headlights to reduce the load on my electrical system as well.

Any tips, or pictures of WHERE exactly the other accessories ports are are greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Get the relay from Kawasaki then you can use the existing wiring hidden under the front fairing. With the relay the extra devices are powered only when you turn the key.

This thread goes into a lot of details and all the info you need for wiring USB ports, auxiliary lights, heated grips and so on is there:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/9-technical-discussion/120810-2015-power-outlet-install.html

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply...

My question isnt in exactly how to do it, i've watched several youtube videos about how to install the accessories plug and I will be getting the Kawasaki Vulcan relay since its cheaper.

My question is more specifically about the other accessories outlets, and where they are located. I've heard tale that there are more than one outlet pair, but not much beyond that. I need to know if I have to solder everything in parallel off of the one under the dash, or if I can go to a separate outlet pairing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I didn't think it would get that in depth, I thought I would need the maintenance manual to get under the fairings so to speak. I'll now check the owners manual before coming on here! :p

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts
Yeah I didn't think it would get that in depth, I thought I would need the maintenance manual to get under the fairings so to speak. I'll now check the owners manual before coming on here! :p

Cheers!
Another "long-time" inmate called me w/ a question awhile back about Gen 3 650s, about removing the side fairings up front. I asked IF he'd looked at the OWNERS MANUAL, specifically page 106.

NOW he TOO looks in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts