Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at another website where they tested the Versys and here are some stats. Measured top speed 117 mph. In the quarter mile 12.96 seconds at 99.15 mph. From 0-60 4.86 seconds. From 0-100 14.19 seconds. And 65 mph on the speedometer is actually 60.8.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if there is a way to correct it or not. I do know this though, two times now I've been going 80 mph on the highway in a 65 mph zone and not been pulled over by a trooper that I didn't see until I was right ontop of him. I also went through a work zone that has one of them things that shows your vehicles speed. In my car in was right on. On the Versys it was way off. I got my information from a site after doing a word search for "Kawasaki Versys 1/4 mile top speed."

·
Registered
451 Posts
I don't know if there is a way to correct it or not. I do know this though, two times now I've been going 80 mph on the highway in a 65 mph zone and not been pulled over by a trooper that I didn't see until I was right ontop of him. I also went through a work zone that has one of them things that shows your vehicles speed. In my car in was right on. On the Versys it was way off. I got my information from a site after doing a word search for "Kawasaki Versys 1/4 mile top speed."
At the toll plazas here in nj they have the signs that show your speed as you drive up to the tolls and its allways been dead on for me. but of course im doing 15-25 pmh not sure what its like any faster than that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thats a very impressive 1/4 mile .

I got 195 km/h this weekend 2 up , slip streaming a BMW 3 series . Didnt think the V would be stable at that speed but it was .

·
Registered
23 Posts
My speedometer seems to be off considerably also but it must be a proportional thing, i.e., off more at higher speeds. Has anyone tried the Speedo Healer or knows more about it? Their web site makes it sound simple and the How-Tos people have sent in are helpful but I am still a little sketchy on how one calibrates. Do you think the install for the Versys would be similar to the Ninja 650R?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.