Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be camping on Mt Dessert Island next week (8-14 to 8-21).....anyone in the area interested in a ride through Acadia and the Island in general??

If you live in New England and you have never been its well worth the ride!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Really would be nice to escape the 100 degree days here in Central TX to ride in that cool looking place!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments about the pics...photography is a hobby of mine...and Acadia is my favorite place to shoot....plan on seeing some similar pics with the V in the foreground :D

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been wanting to make the trip to maine for quit some time...when is the best time of year to go? weather wise
Foliage season is always a popular time in New England...peak color varies I'm guessing Acadia hits peak about early October....might be a little chilly for water sports. Late spring before the kids are out of school is good to. I go every August because that's what works with my vacation schedule. I have had it in the 90s there and in the 70s summer can be unpredictable...like all the other seasons in the Northeast.

It really depends on what you like to do...

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've been kicking around the idea of a ride to Acadia via the Adirondacks, Kancamagus Hwy and Mt Washington. I'm hoping for the beginning of Sept. Fingers crossed for good weather and free time. I was there once when I was 18, did some hiking and exploring, always wanted to go back...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts