Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think it's going to come down to how well it sells here in the states as well as demand. They offer ABS on a lot of models in Europe that we do get here like the Z1000 but don't get the ABS option so it would be tough to say.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Part of me really hopes they dont bring it here! I have ridden the new SV-650 ABS model and I find it very difficult to make clean hard stops. The system is a little to invasive. Of course, I have been riding for so long that I am very practiced in panic stopping cold raw breaks and cold tires on morning commutes so maybe I'm bias. I guess I feel ABS is great for those that dont have the ability, or at least fine tuned ability, to really sense break lock and all...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I test rode both bikes here in UK, with and without ABS, I have bought the one without. Some years back I had a BMW GS650 with ABS and that was OK but not brilliant, Kawasaki's system is too sensitive and starts to operate under normal had braking.
It's only my opinion, but I wouldn't want it for free, never mind having to pay an extra £350 ($700) for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts