Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just had a new rear tyre fitted and when riding home noticed my ABS light stayed on the whole time. Im guessing it has to do with the ABS sensor on the rear brake calliper, but does anyone have any clues as to why?

JaT

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think the design of the caliper carrier is really stupid as the wheel won't come out unless you remove the sensor. I've installed wheels on BMWs with ABS and none required you to take out the ABS sensor. I agree with Maverick, the ABS sensor was damaged, probably as they forced the wheel to come off without removing it, but I'll disagree about the protector, it won't help at all if the damage was caused while they were removing the wheel.

You should probably talk to the shop where the wheel was replaced.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
And as usual I'll disagree with Susser Tod. I have never had to remove the ABS sensor to remove the rear wheel. In my case the sensor would not have been damaged if I had the guard fitted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, thanks guys. I was hoping it was just a matter of resetting it.

I'm sure it was damaged because we used the L shape pick-ups on the paddock stand because I don't have pick up knobs fitted yet. To make matters worse, the shop I bought it from had used a rattle gun to do up the rear axle bolts and it took two of us, both with extension bars on our sockets to finally crack it loose. The pressure going through the bike/stand was incredible. But that is just another grievance I have with the shop I bought it from.

Next question -does it matter if it is damaged? Im guessing it means the ABS wont work on the rear wheel but I can live with that. Is there anything else it will affect?

JaT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts