Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

My front disc are quite badly scored with mileage around 50000 kms.

Can I ask what option do I have for replacements for an ABS equipped bike? I've searched ebay but could only find normal discs without the ABS speed sensor reading slots..

Thanks a lot!

·
Super Moderator
1,479 Posts
There are some option available.

We have a mob called MetalGear here in Australia that do aftermarket disc etc... but you have to send your old ABS disc to them so they can reuse the ABS ring - the ring has to be pressed on with rivets.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the replies. I must have been searching at the wrong sections in ebay. Yea I was wondering are the rings reusable and just change the disc with the rivets.

The discs are chewed up after some amateur track sessions. How many of u guys take your versys to the track anyway? Bar the mt09 tracer, am I right to say the versys is the only sub 1000cc DS sport bike that's on 17" wheels?

·
Super Moderator
1,479 Posts
Thanks guys for the replies. I must have been searching at the wrong sections in ebay. Yea I was wondering are the rings reusable and just change the disc with the rivets.

The discs are chewed up after some amateur track sessions. How many of u guys take your versys to the track anyway? Bar the mt09 tracer, am I right to say the versys is the only sub 1000cc DS sport bike that's on 17" wheels?
I read MetalGear want your old rotors and they reuse the ABS ring.
I don't think the riveting can be done easy without a shop press and dies.

No
Yamaha also do the MT-03 (650 single thumper)
There is also Honda' s 500 X range
pretty sure they are all 17in front and rear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts