Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all...

I am a new member, just about to upgrade from my little learner bike to a Versys 650. It arrives on 1 February, so I am greatly looking forward to that! (I have booked the day off work and won't get off the bike until my butt hurts too much to keep on riding!)

I look forward to much lurking and learning, and will add my tuppence worth where it may be of interest or assistance.

Keep safe.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Hi, all...

I am a new member, just about to upgrade from my little learner bike to a Versys 650. It arrives on 1 February, so I am greatly looking forward to that! (I have booked the day off work and won't get off the bike until my butt hurts too much to keep on riding!)

I look forward to much lurking and learning, and will add my tuppence worth where it may be of interest or assistance.

Keep safe.
Welcome! You can down load the service manual for your bike from this site in the TECH section.

A couple of things you'll need with your new Versys are a rear pit stand and spools for the swing arm (8mm for 2015+ models and 10mm for earlier models). Spools are cheap on EBay. Also suggested are SW-Motech engine bars to protect your new investment in a tip over or minor crash. Also if you are riding on Feb. 1st probably heated grips.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Welcome aboard from Texas, USA. It will be interesting to see how far you can ride before your butt becomes too sore to continue. :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome aboard from Texas, USA. It will be interesting to see how far you can ride before your butt becomes too sore to continue. :smile2:
Sadly for me was only about 1.5 to 2 hours before sore. My only complaint about the Versys. I invested in a Russel Day Long seat and I can do 10 hours in the saddle non problem!!

J

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Sadly for me was only about 1.5 to 2 hours before sore. My only complaint about the Versys. I invested in a Russel Day Long seat and I can do 10 hours in the saddle non problem!!

J
Wow! I am truly amazed by the size of your bladder!! :grin2:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow! I am truly amazed by the size of your bladder!! :grin2:
I get a catheter installed before I leave. more time on the bike!! :smile2:

yes, I do take breaks, but the stock saddle would hurt soon as I got back on. (my CB500X did not do that) I even tried bicycles shorts and motoskivees. but still could not take it (and I ride a mnt bike) So I did the Russell. i love it except, it reduces reach to ground which is ok on paved roads but I am afraid to try fire roads on the Russell. Sadly, I need to ride across Kansas+ to get to the fire roads!!

jim

·
Registered
43 Posts
I found the extreme compression braking annoying and had difficulty smoothly shifting gears. Eventually I would have adapted to this, but I definitely would have fixed the speed reading. I changed to a 16T sprocket at about 150 miles. It was magic. It cured everything. I'd never change back, and I'm not interested in whether or not the odometer is spot on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found the extreme compression braking annoying and had difficulty smoothly shifting gears. Eventually I would have adapted to this, but I definitely would have fixed the speed reading. I changed to a 16T sprocket at about 150 miles. It was magic. It cured everything. I'd never change back, and I'm not interested in whether or not the odometer is spot on.
Where'd you pick up the sprocket? How hard to change?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Amazon for JT Sprocket JTF565.16. Impact wrench and deep 27mm impact socket make the job much easier. Harbor Freight for both. Worth the expense to avoid future aggravation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts