Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY versys 650 (2008) is about to get to its 48000 km birthday and I need some answers about the necessity of some of the needed replacements that are mentioned in the srvice manuel.
The manuel says that there is need to replace fuel hose,brake hose and pipe,and spark plugs.
but friend of mine who is more experienced have told me that this are not neccessery treatments, and I just want to confirm that he is right.

thank for all the helpers!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Unless you are planning a long trip, my advice would be to fix things as they fail, which is much less likely than the manual suggests. If it ain't broke, dont't fix it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
At my 48K service I upgraded the brake lines to braided stainless steel and wished I had done them years before.

The Goodridge part numbers and prices in Victoria, BC (March 2015) were Front 143123 $123.99 & Rear 143139 $72.95

I also replaced the fuel line as we would be having the tank off anyway. It seemed in good condition.

We did replace the spark plugs even though they didn't really need it.

Cheers

Alan / BigAussie

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
At 48,000 kms on your 2008, you should certainly replace the spark plugs. You should also vacuum synch the TB's after adjusting your valve lash clearances. Replace coolant and brake fluid.

I see no need to replace my 2007's brake lines and fuel hose, although it hasn't been in the heat and sunlight much.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
MY versys 650 (2008) is about to get to its 48000 km birthday and I need some answers about the necessity of some of the needed replacements that are mentioned in the srvice manuel.
The manuel says that there is need to replace fuel hose,brake hose and pipe,and spark plugs.
but friend of mine who is more experienced have told me that this are not neccessery treatments, and I just want to confirm that he is right.

thank for all the helpers!
My '08 has 66K miles. SS brake lines (just 'because'...), and plugs done a few times. Rest OEM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
100k km on an 08! mostly OEM. Excellent. I think these things are way more durable than most want to believe.
My '08 has 66K miles. SS brake lines (just 'because'...), and plugs done a few times. Rest OEM.
Yep pretty much agree with invader. IF you decided to replace brake lines get stainless steel braided lines they are so much better.
At 48,000 kms on your 2008, you should certainly replace the spark plugs. You should also vacuum synch the TB's after adjusting your valve lash clearances. Replace coolant and brake fluid.

I see no need to replace my 2007's brake lines and fuel hose, although it hasn't been in the heat and sunlight much.
At my 48K service I upgraded the brake lines to braided stainless steel and wished I had done them years before.

The Goodridge part numbers and prices in Victoria, BC (March 2015) were Front 143123 $123.99 & Rear 143139 $72.95

I also replaced the fuel line as we would be having the tank off anyway. It seemed in good condition.

We did replace the spark plugs even though they didn't really need it.

Cheers

Alan / BigAussie
Unless you are planning a long trip, my advice would be to fix things as they fail, which is much less likely than the manual suggests. If it ain't broke, dont't fix it.
Thanks a lot guys, Ill think I will go with the Invador suggestion.
Again, thanks for all the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts