Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having a little dilemma now. Originally I was deciding between Africa twin and Versys 1000LT. Decided on 2017 Versys but local dealer today had offered me 2015 candy red brant new for $10,0100 total!
What's the difference between 2015 and 2017 besides gear display?
Should I settle for 2015? I think the price is great.
Is there anything that I should pay an extra attention when buying?

Mark

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
:welcome: I have a 2016 V-1000. Not that much of a difference between the 2017 and the 2015. If that price includes all fees and taxes I'd take the 2015 and install a gear indicator myself its simple....

P1010510 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010513 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a 2016 and I can tell what gear I'm in by the feel. Also tach + speed gives good reference to gear. I don't feel I need an indicator. My two cents. Absolutely love the bike. If as stated above $10G's gets you out the door I'd go with it. Unless you really want the 17 in Black. It does look bad a$$! Can't go wrong with the V1. Great all around bike. Lives up to its name VERSYS. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Should I settle for 2015? I think the price is great.
Just remember, when you roll it out the door, resale / trade value is based on a 2015 model, not the year it was plated. It has never bother me buying new - non currents, the last 4 bikes I have had have been at way, but what you gain up front, you loose at the end.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
The only gauge you really need. >:)

BTW, I have a '15 and it's great. Don't know what they've changed about the '17 or why. At $10k you couldn't have done much better with a handgun and bandana. Spending an extra 2 or 3k on a gear selector is nutz!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Welcome............remember, as soon as you sign the papers on a 15' it's 2 years old and you lose a sizeable chunk of change. That being said 10K out the door isn't bad. Get then to throw in all the factory add-ons and it should be good (12v plug, gear indicator, and heated grips).

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Welcome............remember, as soon as you sign the papers on a 15' it's 2 years old and you lose a sizeable chunk of change. That being said 10K out the door isn't bad. Get then to throw in all the factory add-ons and it should be good (12v plug, gear indicator, and heated grips).
You lose a sizeable chunk either way. The winter after I bought mine I was browsing a BMW dealer. He wanted badly to write me up a deal. Best he could do was give me a $5k haircut after one year. Much better to keep them awhile. Fortunately, the Versys is a keeper anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts