Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Because it is a major safety item and good brake pads are really cheap. Chinese brake pads are only for 电动车或者ATV。

·
Registered
456 Posts
I got some of those super cheap pads from e-bay before, I decided to give them a try on my XT660R. Tried the rear one first, as I didn't trust them enough on the front, and surprisingly they were not that bad...

XT660R comes with Brembo calipers and Brembo GG pads from the factory. The rear lasted 17,000kms the front 20,000kms. I first tried EBC GG pads and found that I got no more than 4,000kms from the rear and 5,000kms fron the front. Then I decided to try the Chinese pads from e-bay, got the same kilometers and similar performance to the EBC. In the end I went back to Brembo pads, I didn't like replacing them that often.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Brakes are critical to safety. I've never bought cheap brake pads for any vehicle. I usually don't buy the most expensive, either, but on a high performance vehicle I have done so.

I am a value buyer. I want excellent performance out of something I buy, for a reasonable price. I don't want to buy cheap junk that won't do the job properly, but I also don't need a fancy brand name either.

In a general way I try to avoid Chinese built stuff. I also avoid cheap imports from anywhere. Many times the reason for building offshore is to do it cheaply, and I don't want cheap junk. I also like to buy from local or USA sources to keep the money here. I'd expect others to feel the same about their country and region.

Chinese and others can build fine products. They build what is asked of them. Cheap Asian guitars are still cheap guitars, because they're built to be cheap. But my son owns a very fine Chinese hand made violin. Very fine, and very expensive, but less expensive than had it been hand made in the USA.

Sorry for the long answer to a simple question.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The biggest issue is safety standards. China doesn't have safety standards like first world countries. Look at a Chinese car get into an accident and the passenger area gets crumpled and kills people.

We don't want imitation parts, too. Fake, cheap parts will kill people.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts