Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined in October of last year to find out more about the Versys. I had read some great reviews and knew the engine won the AMA flat track championship in 2009, I think it was. In February I bought a Red 2011. I was looking for a light standard with low end torque to do the twisties here in Southern Indiana and in the near by KY and TN mountains.
So far I have added a very cool LED taillight one of the members recommended. I am hoping to get a 2 brothers can put on this weekend, along with a high flow air filter.
I am taking the cheap looking silver radiator shroud and lowers to a body shop today to have them repainted the metallic black color of the gas tank.
Have just gotten the break in miles on it and am going to do some brake work next.
So far I am really enjoying the bike. Inexpensive fun and tons of aftermarket stuff available. Way cheaper to play with than the two Ducatis I had.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi bmarkel!

Glad to see you posting. You'll have to promise to give us all pictures of your V or maybe a video with sound of the exhaust after install.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hey man. I'm in the same boat. New 2011 only 400 miles so far. What a fun machine. I ordered all the rain gear I need, anti vibe risers radiator cover and an arrow pipe. I'm going out now to take some "before" videos so when it comes in and it's installed I can take some afters. I liked the looks of the Leo Vince sbk, but based on the sounds I heard on videos I went with the arrow. Had a two brothers on my katana and she screamed. What a tone that thang has.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey man. I'm in the same boat. New 2011 only 400 miles so far. What a fun machine. I ordered all the rain gear I need, anti vibe risers radiator cover and an arrow pipe. I'm going out now to take some "before" videos so when it comes in and it's installed I can take some afters. I liked the looks of the Leo Vince sbk, but based on the sounds I heard on videos I went with the arrow. Had a two brothers on my katana and she screamed. What a tone that thang has.
If you look carefully at the tank on the red 2011, you will see blue as well as silver metal flake in the flat black paint. I am thinking I am going to put gloss on the radiator shroud and the side panels as well as the rear hugger. The body shop couldn't get a good scan on the tank, so I am going to remove the tank and take it into the shop with the panels, so they can get a good match. Not going to happen as quickly as I had hoped, but I want to make sure I don't get a bad match.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Welcome aboard Hoosier.
I grew up in Floyd County. I absolutely love southern IN. I should get back there some day.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm guessing you can get away with a high flow air filter in Indiana but when I asked about one out here the guy at the shop, that sees a lot of dual sport bikes, looked at me like I just dropped in from outer space. One word, NO.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sorry. That sounded preachy. I'm not saying no, that's just what he told me given the amount of dust and junk out here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts