Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Versys 1000k
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Memorial Day! :smile2:

I wanted to comment quickly about a new Madstad windscreen I recently ordered. First of all, it’s one of the best mods I’ve made to my V1k. I love the adjustability and feel behind it. I’m 6’ 3” and the stock windshield was worthless for me. It made my helmet load, and the buffering was simply too much. If you can, get it. It has improved my riding experience immensely.

However, that’s not why I’m writing.

When I ordered my windshield from Madstad, I didn’t see a certain spec. That mistake was going to cost me time - which we didn’t have before leaving. I called Blair in Madstad customer support. He corrected the issue and we had the windshield 1 day later.

Why I’m writing this is to note that when you buy something, you’re buying the company and it’s commitment to your satisfaction too. Words don’t matter; behaviors do. All too often I hear of companies (e.g. a seating company and others in here) that have forgotten what their customers really need and are nowhere to be found after the sale has been made. Somewhere along the line, they’ve lost their senses of shame. It’s refreshing to discover that some companies still get it and know what’s important to their customers. Madstad is one of those companies. If you would like to get a windscreen - and a quality company too, I suggest you take a look at Madstad.

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Versys 1000k
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m surprised at how much of an improvement it makes. Profound in my case.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Although I've never owned a Madstad it's nice to know they're a (semi) local company. A few miles outside of Tampa in Brooksville.

I will say that their reputation has been good with all the forums I've been on. Matter of fact, the CTX site has a member that was used as a guinea pig for some lowers. According to him he loves them and the service they provided. They made everything to his specs until it was perfect! Can't hate a company for that!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Although I've never owned a Madstad it's nice to know they're a (semi) local company. A few miles outside of Tampa in Brooksville.

I will say that their reputation has been good with all the forums I've been on. Matter of fact, the CTX site has a member that was used as a guinea pig for some lowers. According to him he loves them and the service they provided. They made everything to his specs until it was perfect! Can't hate a company for that!

Right around the corner from Coney Island.

A friend of mine rode up from Miami to get a shield installed on a wr250. I met him there. Awesome folks. This is when they were in Dade City.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts