Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
New V rider up here in Toronto. Upon looking for an additional bike to the Magna I had a shortlived relationship with a VTR 1000. Loved it in every way but don't need nearly that power and I'd like a bike that doesn't only shine on the open road.

What I really liked about it was the low weight and compact size, the smoothness of the power delivery evn from low RPMs and the superb handling.

So I set out to find a light, compact, responsive and verstaile bike with as linear torque and power curves as possible as well as somewhat sophistacted suspension.... When I looked into the V I found everything I was looking for and more... I can't believe you get inverted forks, 4-way adjustable suspension, a frookin fuel-guage and even a highbeam flasher like on a BMW, in that pricepoint. Unbeatable value for money. Ridden it for a week and no dissapointments...

Planned mods and accompanying questions:

I didn't mind the aggressive riding position of the VTR so I'd like to get handlebars that are substantially more aggressive... Lower, more forwrad and turned down... Any suggestions?

It also looks like the forktubes could be slipped up the trees about 2/3". Would this affect trail to the point where you might get tank-slap?

Everything rear of the taillight's gotta go. DIY tidy... Anyone know of any flushmount turnsignals that would look good framing the taillight?

Can I switch to LED turns without having to do anything else? I'm not sure if the draw would be enough to trigger the blink-relay?

Muffler! I'll fab someway of sticking a small lightweight performance muffler in there. Will this require a PC?

I stick a cheap compass on all my bikes. I stuck one to the plate on top of the risers... Don't copy that idea. :) If you do, you'll be heading SW no matter which way you turn. Much better to put it on top of the dash, behind the lil' screen. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
new bike

congrats on your new bike.......I can't answer any of your questions, just wanted to say hello.I'm about an hour northeast of u...maybe we'll cross paths sometime.....got mine in the spring and have no complaints....

·
Registered
227 Posts
As far as the muffler goes, I posted a cheap way to make your own good looking and sounding exhaust setup here:

http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/showthread.php?t=578

Be sure and read through the whole thread, I changed out the clamps and muffler strap to stainless parts after I initially put it all together. There is a link there to a short sound clip video and all the parts and pieces I used to fab it up. You do not need a PC, and the muffler I used shaves about 8 lb off the weight of the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts