Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since a lot of Versys owner seem to run a 12V socket mounted in the same location, here's possibly the cheapest way to run a voltmeter on your bike... when nothing else is in that socket. And it's not raining. LOL
I wanted to run an 12V outlet on my VFR and I also wanted to keep an eye on the RR since they are the only weak point of VFRs, so I out the two things together.
Here it is on the VFR:

And on the Versys, looks pretty nice I think! You can ride with it, or just carry it for a piece of mind if you need to keep an eye on your voltage.

You can get them on Ebay, mine was either $6 or $12 shipped. :D

Anyway, a couple of questions, one is, what are the two tabs with threaded holes in this picture? One in the upper right part of the frame where the throttle linkeage is and the other directly above the head between the cams.

And the second question is, anybody knows what is the electrical connector for? The one in the upper left corner:

Thanks!:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
19,113 Posts
I understand that the tabs are for bodywork on the Ninja 650 (SAME frame), and the connector is to diagnose problems on the FI, etc.

·
Premium Member
16,141 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,141 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
I put a couple of allen head bolts and a washer into those unused frame tabs... makes it look a little more finished. Don't even know what size... the first ones I tried fit! I keep trying to think of something to install there... my Happy Trails engine guards limit the options a little bit.

·
Premium Member
16,141 Posts
Tab Use Hmmmm.

·
Premium Member
16,141 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,141 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
batan -- i was informed that the threaded tabs are for an ABS system used for the Versys sold in other countries.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Not sure if I will need a 12V power socket outlet.
I hear my music and GPS directions using my handphone. For punctures, have some Ride-On sealant which I plan to use (http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycle-formula-mot.html)

Thinking that will be using my present Optimate 4 battery charger (http://www.tecmate-int.com/optimate4_detail.php) charging outlet which has a female tamiya connection at the end. Change my spare car voltmeter head with a male tamiya and connect it under the seat. Simply remove the connection if need to charge the bike up.

Thanks to Clivecoo for a dry spot to put it at.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts