Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I don't have my bike yet, but it's been a dream of mine to be a motorcycle rider for as long as I remember.. I had found this forum by chance, when looking for helmet reviews. I'm also registered in the kawasakimotorcycle.org forum, since a Kawi is what I want. For a while now, I've been thinking about getting the Vulcan 900, but lately the Versys caught my eye. I'm going today to look at one and hopefully sit on it to see if I still want the Vulcan or the Versys. I'm 6' 2", about 220 lbs and think that the Versys may be better for such a newby as I am. :hia:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome, the Versys is a great newbe bike in my opinion and at 6'2 it should be fine for you as it is a tall bike anyway.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Yep for you im guessing you would be sitting staright upright, for me at 5'8 I think its its only a couple of degree forward angle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll know for sure by the end of the day :yeahsmile: I also need to get some gear, so I may come home a little poorer..

·
Registered
191 Posts
It really is such a great handling bike! Its light and easy to maneuver. I got hooked after I took it out within the first minute! :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the longest time I thought that the Vulcan 900 is the one, but after today's trip to the dealer and being able to sit down on it, it just felt great. On the Vulcan I feel like I'm stretched out too much.. I know that the Versys is 650cc and not the 900cc Vulcan, but I think that for someone just getting into this, 650cc should be more than enough. Question - Is it a matter of getting used to the location of the gear lever?? It felt to me like it should be just a little more forward. What say you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts