Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just received as a gift a rear wheel stand from another member that lives in Malaysia. This gift traveled in the suitcase of Fastomans daughter Loshini from Malaysia to New Zealand. Loshini is studying at university a 100 mile north of my place and has 4.5 years to go. Have made a very good friendship with fastoman (Karuna) since being on this forum and have always offered our family place and time to make his daughter feel at home in NZ. It was the first time Loshini has been down to our place and it was a pity it was a real wet day but my wife still took here out to pat the horse and pony but said loshini was really funny around our chickens as she not used of them.

This is the wheel stand Fasto had got me, now the truth is he had brought me a new one but it could not fold down so this is his old one which is great but am honoured that he went out with the thought of buying a new one for me, in fact still get over the generosity a thought of the gift, can't thank him enough.

Here we are Fasto, we got her to take her flash dress boots and put on the gum boots and rain coat and out to feed the animals.

On Keri's bike

And of course the best bike in the stable

The bottom line to me is friendship, fellowship and the great common interests can make the world both bigger and smaller at the same time.

Cheers to you all, Phil

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
That is so cool. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
5 thumbs up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Funny you should mention that. I was just talking to my wife about how interesting and enjoyable this forum is. Not only did I get a great new bike, but I was introduced to an impressive group of well-informed, enthusiastic and like-minded people. A double win for sure!! As a new member, I am very impressed, for the most part, with the respect, knowledge and humour demonstrated in the posts. It's good to hear that connections made in this forum sometimes extend well beyond the motorcycle.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Funny you should mention that. I was just talking to my wife about how interesting and enjoyable this forum is. Not only did I get a great new bike, but I was introduced to an impressive group of well-informed, enthusiastic and like-minded people. A double win for sure!! As a new member, I am very impressed, for the most part, with the respect, knowledge and humour demonstrated in the posts. It's good to hear that connections made in this forum sometimes extend well beyond the motorcycle.
Stated perfectly :thumb: :clap: also :welcome:
This forum and it's members continue to amaze me, this story is a true testimony to that!!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Very nice of you to offer Fasto-girl a place to feel welcome in a strange land and not to mention Fastoman's gift. :thumb:

Gustavo

·
Registered
219 Posts
Awesome comraderie, all hail Fastoman!

·
Registered
642 Posts
That is a wonderful story. I hope in 9 or so years, my daughter does not decide to go to school in New Zealand (but if she decided to I imagine that I would really encourage her)!

Now that I look at maps.google.com, I realize that New Zealand is only 50% farther away from Los Alamos than from Malaysia. Amazing! I knew that New Zealand was "in the sticks," but I guess I never realize just how far out there it is.

I would love to go there some day. I guess I just have to (at the very least) get the two-year-old out of diapers first.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I believe that was the coolest post I have ever seen here! Wonderful and heart warming stuff...I'm veklempt!

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
WEATHER WE MEET IN HATE OR LOVE , THAT WE MET WAS WRITTEN BY FATE. William Shakespeare.

:thanx:to all. and I am touched and lost in words.

God bless all.

:cheers:FastO.

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is truly a great forum and what makes it great are the members. Last week, I was down on a business trip in San Antonio and Bear on a bicycle took the time to pick me up at the hotel and bring me to dinner and a few beer of course.
Thanks again Bear great dinner and conversation about the V.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
How refreshingly and so very and completely...Human...of you all. WOW!
The milk of human kindness is a heady draft indeed.
Me thinks I'm getting a bit choked up.....:eek:penarms:.....thanks for sharing.

Well met good sirs, and best wishes to all of you.
:cheers:
OK, I'll shut up now.

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
How refreshingly and so very and completely...Human...of you all. WOW!
The milk of human kindness is a heady draft indeed.
Me thinks I'm getting a bit choked up.....:eek:penarms:.....thanks for sharing.

Well met good sirs, and best wishes to all of you.
OK, I'll shut up now.
:clap:JUST PURE BRILLIANCE IN EXPRESSION.wow!:clap:
Now I am choked.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Was a bit choked up myself, not only got a wheel stand, also a whole bag of sweets from Malaysia and we had a really great time with Fastoman's daughter and she got a good sense of humor as she needs it around my family LOL. Just to explain one thing, in the photo where I receive the gift it looks like I not happy but just cant take photos very well so turned away but end up looking a bit serious.

Hopefully if Fasto visits NZ with his family, his wife and two daughters can go shopping and we can get on the bikes for a ride around the place

1 - 20 of 69 Posts