Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for Allen-head screws to fit the front brake master cylinder cover for Gen1. Black only, not chrome. Know a supplier in Canada?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, Kris, I'm looking to replace the oem Philips-head screws with Allen- head screws. The previous owner had butchered the screws, probably using too large Philips screwdrivers and they've gotten worse each time I remove them to bleed the brakes. I only use JIS screwdrivers.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
No, Kris, I'm looking to replace the oem Philips-head screws with Allen- head screws. The previous owner had butchered the screws, probably using too large Philips screwdrivers and they've gotten worse each time I remove them to bleed the brakes. I only use JIS screwdrivers.
oh, I see. a good idea. but if you are careful, Philips screws will work just fine. you can probably fit them from any MC. I believe that they are the longer type. I am surprised that allen screws are not standard; people tend to strip the philips ones. and by the way, ins't the MC in the Gen1 the one people tend to complain about, because it is 15mm and gives too much wooden feeling to braking? if so, you could perhaps replace it with the new one, which is 14mm. I personally fitted radial Brembo, but it is rather expensive.

·
Premium Member
9,757 Posts
Looking for Allen-head screws to fit the front brake master cylinder cover for Gen1. Black only, not chrome. Know a supplier in Canada?
What is the thread pitch and mm diameter? And what length? My 2015 is 4mm X 2 CM, countersunk but Allen's head would work. My local supplier probably has them SpaeNaur

They have plain finish allen head countersunk Spaenaur Catalog 14 - Digital Flipping Catalog

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure of the pitch, the parts catalogue says it's 4mm.

I wouldn't know the pitch if it were a fork (bad joke) and I'm reluctant to remove them without having replacements on hand. I'll order them soon, I need a new generator cover gasket too.

Wizard, your link led to a blank page. Also, the Allen head ones I had for my Concours were countersunk too.

·
Premium Member
9,757 Posts

I wouldn't know the pitch if it were a fork (bad joke) and I'm reluctant to remove them without having replacements on hand. I'll order them soon, I need a new generator cover gasket too.

Wizard, your link led to a blank page. Also, the Allen head ones I had for my Concours were countersunk too.
I have a gasket on a nail in my garage for a 2007. Never used. The 4mm × 2CM has only one thread pitch. I will check my brake cover again and measure the pitch. They have them in stock but I think it is a minimum $$ not sure it was 10.
They have plain and stainless. I knew I should have checked the pitch. It is 0.70 thread pitch believe it or not there is what they call a fine 4mm which is 0.75 .
I can get the part numbers with a proper link tonight . I am on my phone. No mouse or easy copy and paste

·
Premium Member
9,757 Posts
That gasket is mounted on hardboard and shrink wrapped with the kawi number on it. I am never going to use it.

·
Premium Member
9,757 Posts

I tried chrome and firefox, both opened after 30 seconds--part number is 366-577 Spaenaur 4mm X 20mm 0.70 thread pitch , 90' counter sink flat head

And I have the gasket in shrink wrap from McKees.

·
Premium Member
9,757 Posts
from parts catalogue
92002-1323 BOLT,SCREW,4X12
366-574 4mmX12mm 0.70 thread pitch. That link opened on my phone as well.

·
Super Moderator
20,639 Posts
I replaced those small capscrews on all three V650s, almost immediately upon taking delivery.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts