Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a short 4min video showing the roads (these are the worst surfaces l've ever seen around here BTW) around the tourist town of Jasper on Hwy 7 north heading towards Harrison AR.
The "buzzy" sound is not all the exhaust note, my cheapo camera was vibrating on the windshield, & the picture quality is how Vimeo recommended it..................anyway, enjoy!!:wink2:

https://vimeo.com/160262056

·
Super Moderator
19,909 Posts

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PDG video and sound, for ME...!

:grin2:

NICE roads too.
Thanks Eddie, but there is a bit of 'resonation" in the sound because l strapped the wanna be GoPro ($34) to the windscreen/shield & there is some vibration between plastic to plastic!

Anyway, here's the part after the roadworks (which took me forever to load!!) & after l let all the traffic get ahead of me by 10mins or so.
https://vimeo.com/160296448

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy tar snakes batman...
LOL!!!:laugh:.....I think the reason for the road surface cheap fix is because the whole highway is earmarked for total resurfacing & also widening in some parts, so the "cheapfix" will get them through until then.

PS, l rode on NJ roads just over a year ago in a medium sized rental car & l would hate to think how you guys get anywhere on two wheels while dodging potholes & arrogant motorists!?!?!?!:surprise:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Have you taken the route from Jasper over to Mt. Judea & then down south on AR 123? A really twisty route but I think the pavement has degraded on 123 from the last time I drove (yes, it was by auto) the highway. There are quite a few videos of it on Utube, but sadly they are mostly cruisers with high volume hillbilly music in the background.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you taken the route from Jasper over to Mt. Judea & then down south on AR 123? A really twisty route but I think the pavement has degraded on 123 from the last time I drove (yes, it was by auto) the highway. There are quite a few videos of it on Utube, but sadly they are mostly cruisers with high volume hillbilly music in the background.
Yes, it's just another one of the great scenic routes there are in NW Arkansas & l'm constantly looking for new routes to "explore"
(I even found a semi-offroad route (333) that turned into gravel which l will try & load later onto Vimeo.

·
Registered
186 Posts
nice...sounds like my ride.

Watch those inside corners (inside the line....) gravel demons like to congregate there at times....

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice...sounds like my ride.

Watch those inside corners (inside the line....) gravel demons like to congregate there at times....
The "gravel demons" l look out for are on the blacktop near to quarry exits when the trucks spill some of their loads!!!Funnily enough they're nearly always on fast right hand sweepers & you don't see it till the last arse/ass clenching moment!!!!:surprise:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I live in cent Ar. A group of us went to Eureka Spgs. Then took day rides into southern Missouri. The Mark Twain National Park had some nice rides.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live in cent Ar. A group of us went to Eureka Spgs. Then took day rides into southern Missouri. The Mark Twain National Park had some nice rides.
Eureka Springs is a pretty tourist town that is unfortunately infested with nothing but Harley riders (their choice!) & l tend to only go through there if l have to.........Send me a PM if you're ever up here again because I know most of the NW Arkansas roads to see!!!:wink2:

Arkansas Motorcycling - Motorcycling in Arkansas - Arkansas Tourism

·
Registered
200 Posts
Pretty slick website, but they leave out a few good roads. Have you taken SH 27 north from Russellville? It looks pretty good on Google Erf.

Three lions, hmmm I take it you grew up riding on the opposite side of the road?

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Pretty slick website, but they leave out a few good roads. Have you taken SH 27 north from Russellville? It looks pretty good on Google Erf.

Three lions, hmmm I take it you grew up riding on the opposite side of the road?
Yes, but l do it in a southerly direction from Branson, then Harrison using the 65 (which is VERY scenic after Bellafonte) to Marshall then right onto the 27 to Tilly to Dover then turn right & head due north on the famous Hwy 7 back to Harrison & then 65 back to Branson.

Here's another link to a great website showing biker roads all over the USA, & this section/link is the southern end of hwy 27....enjoy!
Arkansas 27 | Arkansas Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

·
Registered
238 Posts
We usually do half day rides out of Little Rock and Conway. We go up thru Morrilton 95 to CLINTON West on 16 down 27 to either 124 or 247 back into Morrilton. 16 is a nice ride.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No HD's that I know of. Mostly sports bikes all around good group of riders. What year bike do you have? I ride an 08 Versys, Love it!
Mine is the 2012 model with quite a few farkles (see photo below)
I joined the Arkansas Riders site but it's even slower than this site, & the last post (other than mine) seems to have been days ago!?!?!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts