Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I started following this group March 2012 when I bought my 2008 V with 4032 miles on it. Two weeks ago a church bus backed over it and myself. I fared much better than it, with road rash on my ankle and various skin injuries to my leg. The V is totalled with only 23K miles on it. This was my 3rd crash with this bike; each one worse than the previous. I actually lost my senses for a while and said no more riding. But I recovered and am now looking for a replacement V. Testcase has one that looks like a great candidate. That would give me a nice ride, bringing it home. There's also one in Hamburg,NY on Ebay. If no one grabs that I'll call the dealer Monday. I'm looking for 2010 or newer, blue or black. I still have to settle with the churches insurance company but really want to get on another V. I'll try to be more of a forum participant with this V.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Glad you are OK as was said Busses and Bikes don't mix too well.

Take your time settling the the Insurance people, I got screwed as a kid by one when my car was smashed. I ended up out the car and all I had paid.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
If any of your riding gear was damaged claim that too. Damaged helmets are not reusable. The inside foam compresses and does not spring back. Hope your going to go atgatt next time.

Those cursed evangelical Christians can be evil and vindictive. Did you tell them you were an atheist before they "accidentally" backed over you?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my second Versys

We'll I shopped around some and found this Versys and bought it last week.
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/mcy/4533479165.html.
Insurance covered: the cost of the bike; paid off the rest of my loan on my first Versys; the cost of new Scorpion, EXO-500 helmet, Hat Trick II Jacket, EXO Trey Pants. Plus I pulled my Seat Concepts seat,tank bag, handlebar risers and phone holder of my 2008, before it went to salvage. Church Mutual wasn't going go be nearly as generous as State Farm, but as the ad says "Get more out of your motorcycle insurance with State Farm". I'm a happy Versys rider again!!!!:yeahsmile:

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
We'll I shopped around some and found this Versys and bought it last week.
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/mcy/4533479165.html.
Insurance covered: the cost of the bike; paid off the rest of my loan on my first Versys; the cost of new Scorpion, EXO-500 helmet, Hat Trick II Jacket, EXO Trey Pants. Plus I pulled my Seat Concepts seat,tank bag, handlebar risers and phone holder of my 2008, before it went to salvage. Church Mutual wasn't going go be nearly as generous as State Farm, but as the ad says "Get more out of your motorcycle insurance with State Farm". I'm a happy Versys rider again!!!!:yeahsmile:

:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
A church bus?! Apparently God wasn't watching over the driver but must have been looking out for you. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts