Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Through my own testing I have actually decreased the amount of oil added per 5 gal. On here most were recommending 1oz./2 tbs. per 5 gal. of the
tc-w3. I decreased mine to 1/2 oz./1 tbs. per 5 gal. It quit giving me that little occasional pop when first starting up, but still seems to idle/run as smooth. Just my own experience/observations.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I personally have no opinion on anyone's experience with anything. Who is to say whether or not one person's engine is running smoother because of a fuel or oil additive they are using? It could be true. It also could be the result of a hundred other tiny things - or it might simply be coincidence.
Representative statistics - which is what a scientific examination of an effect of an additive would generate - on a large number of subjects over time, over tightly controlled conditions - tells my industry what works and what doesn't, sometimes what works and has dubious usability (Slick 50 comes to mind), and what is absolute snake oil.

As I said earlier - most of these aftermarket additives aren't new, they're just re-packaged, re-branded, re-hyped versions of what's already in your fuel and oil. As an example - if you have a lot of deposits, then an extra shot of detergent may have a temporary noticeable positive effect. But it shouldn't be required on a continuous basis - there's a base-level of detergent in your pump gas. Just use one of the 'occasional use" fuel system/engine cleaners. Cheaper, works well, tested, etc.

Small changes or increases/decreases in ridability, performance, vibration etc. happen so slowly over time, and are so subjective, it truly isn't possible to say in many cases if the miracle juice is having any effect or not. And my industry says, most often, the answer is "Not." So we don't use it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If users says it works for them, then great. I am willing to try it.

My 30year old Patio door has seen better days, and it gets difficult to slide open at times, especially when it is very damp and/or very cold. I have tried lots and lots of "STUFF" that claims to work. Most did ok for a day or two. What truly really works is the old time remedy your mother had around the house 3 in 1 Oil. Dripping a few drops on the top of the door guides is a "miracle" cure. It really works (on my door anyway). Even in the dead of winter last year, my wife could open the door using one hand. At times I have had to use 2 hands and throw my body weight to open the door in the winter. But, same old door, really cheap 3 in 1 oil in the cute little white and red can, and the door opens with 2 fingers... Go figure !!! And one application lasts for 6-7 weeks.

So, if it works for you, great. As for me, I will try the TC W3, just for the halibut. :thanx:

·
Registered
225 Posts
This appeals to my sense of humour. I'll give it a go. W3 is for oils with detergents as exhaust exit into water. I live in the hills so I'm going with TC, without the W3, as my exhaust doesn't exit into water.
I used to sell petrol/gas as a child so "would you like some Redex?" is not new to me. Redex is about 600:1

101 - 104 of 104 Posts