Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
What are your thoughts on using MMO (marvel mystery oil)?
I just tried adding some over the weekend, and I was plesantly surprised. I added 2 oz per 5 gallons. Definitely running noticeably smoother and consistent at idle, better acceleration as well. Took it up to 75 on the highway and the RPMs were a bit lower than normal as well. Maybe 200-400 RPM lower. Nice! Will keep an eye on the MPG over the next week or so.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I just tried adding some over the weekend, and I was plesantly surprised. I added 2 oz per 5 gallons. Definitely running noticeably smoother and consistent at idle, better acceleration as well. Took it up to 75 on the highway and the RPMs were a bit lower than normal as well. Maybe 200-400 RPM lower. Nice! Will keep an eye on the MPG over the next week or so.
Not to cause a fuss but how could the rpm be lower? The gearing is the same right? I don't understand how adding anything to the gas could do that.

We used Marvel Mystery Oil years ago to do the same things as the oil and what not now are doing. I only stopped when I had problems getting through Emission testing, I was likely adding to much.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
API TC-W3 2 stroke oil was difficult to find in my area and it took me some time to find one petrol kiosk that sells it. (Petronas 2T Outboard, API: TC-W3)

I placed about 600:1 ratio to my bike and my car. My V's exhaust snout has soot on the ornamental piece and also on the pipe internals, due to the poor combustion from an overly due plug change/throttle sync. After about 80km of riding, the soot are all gone leaving behind what it used to look like when it was new.

The engine is purring smoother, and I can't report any fuel mileage gains yet. Stay tuned. Presently, 22.8 km/l on my daily routine.

For my car, the exhaust pipe snout is really soot up thick due to a period of time when the car has drivebility issues (which the root causes were counterfeit iridium plugs and bad plug cables, worn out O2 sensor - pings, underpower). I've done about 180km with the 2T oil-fuel mix and the soot is still there. I am hoping the thick soot will clear up. Engine definitely feels smoother and has more torque. Just loving it now. Still monitoring the fuel mileage.

·
Super Moderator
20,798 Posts
I've been using the Lucas Fuel Treatment since reading this thread in mid-October, around 7,000 miles ago. Really haven't noticed any plus or minus. I was (and STILL AM...) getting about 55 mpgUS.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Invader, that's the one. The blue oil was a surprised, didn't expect the blue color.

I lived near the beach, with a few jet ski/boats businesses servicing the tourists, so it was wise of the Petronas kiosk in the area to carry this item. I've been looking around all over Penang but should have just visited the only fuel station in my area. Unfortunately, they carry only 0.5L bottles which is more than sufficient for a few fill ups but I was hoping to get it cheaper with a higher capacity bottle.

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
::::

Tay (Bob is the Oil Guy) said:
In some malaysia motorcycle shop, they sell penzzoil marine 2t premium plus rated tcw3. Those shop owner swear it is excellent for motorcycle. Alot of guys use it for their 2 stroke bike and they claim it keep their engine runnng good and clean during periodic overhaul servicng.

Take it for what it worth. I think it work just fine.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Been doing it for years. If I did not want my pre mix to sit in my bikes or gas can I would put the pre mixed gas in my truck ,lawn mower , riding tractor or anything else that needed gas including other motorcycles that I would ride more often .

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Amazing! MMO changes gearing. MMO was originally developed for the Franklin aircooled car engine. I've been getting 55 mpg at 70 mph (true gps) with no additives.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas, 2oz to 5gal. Cleans the whole fuel system including your valves and guides. I add 2oz to every 3rd tankful of premium

·
Registered
960 Posts
Really? What does it do that would cause corrosion?
I've not heard that one, either. Maybe in very large doses?

Been using Sea Foam for 25+ years. Don't know if it caused me any problems.

The riding lawnmower is 19 years old, and hasn't even had the carb cleaned.

1/2 oz/gallon during the mowing season, and 2 oz/gal for winter storage.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts