Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!

I just picked up a low mileage 2009 Versys a few days ago(June 27th), and have been torture testing the search function of the site!

Fortunately, pretty much everything I need to know appears to be here, and any questions that have popped into my head, I've found an answer for here.

Kudos to all of you for that. As A former DRZ-sm owner, I had a massive knowledge base to fall back on, I looks like you have a strong group here too!

anywho.....

I live in Guelph Ont Canada, Im 48 (as of this writing) and I've been riding on and offroad for 35+ years.

So here's what I bought.

After coming from a supermoto to this.... well, lets just say that this my be a very different bike in a few months. I'm not good at leaving well enough alone.:thumb:

Heres the 50hp DRZsm I built, then sold to get the Versys.

Light, fast And fun. I will miss her. (But not on the highway.....)

Now I just have to try not to act like some sort of motard hooligan on this Versys....:goodluck:

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Holy crap. It still has the lousy OEM Dunlop tires. You want to upgrade those 5.5 year old slippers ASAP.

It looks good. The Akrapovic is a good quality silencer. It appears to be otherwise stock beside the reflector stickers on the forks, instead of round plastic ones bolted onto fender mounts. Is that a radiator guard I see?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome to the family! You will love throwing the V around in the twisties! :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy crap. It still has the lousy OEM Dunlop tires. You want to upgrade those 5.5 year old slippers ASAP.

It looks good. The Akrapovic is a good quality silencer. It appears to be otherwise stock beside the reflector stickers on the forks, instead of round plastic ones bolted onto fender mounts. Is that a radiator guard I see?
Well, The front tire is actually a brand new Pirelli Scorpion Trail, so I may just match the rear to the front this time around, then ditch them both for some Continental attack SM's as the Contiforce tire has been discontinued.

I have used the Avon Distanza's in the past and loved them, but not the noise they make, and I fount that in the rain they where ok, but had a tendency to slid alot on the lighter sumo if one of those big flat chevron shaped lugs was making up most if not all of your contact patch in a quick stop situation.

The reflector stickers on the forks were a symptom of the safety check process And are now history. And no rad guard yet, but I am looking.

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts