Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Ken from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. I've been fairly active for awhile in the Versys-X 300 threads over at ADVRider. I just discovered this forum and thought I would drop in to check it out.

Question: Is this Member Introductions forum the "New Member" forum we're supposed to make two posts in before we can post anywhere else?

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
Hi, I'm Ken from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. I've been fairly active for awhile in the Versys-X 300 threads over at ADVRider. I just discovered this forum and thought I would drop in to check it out.

Question: Is this Member Introductions forum the "New Member" forum we're supposed to make two posts in before we can post anywhere else?

Yep & :welcome:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the next logical question: Why do they refer to it as the "New Member" forum in the activation instructions instead of by its proper name? Curious minds...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Welcome, weljo2001.

I guess I should confirm that I'm a genuine Versys owner. I have a 2017 Versys-X 300. I bought the first one sold here in Regina. I put 7700km on it during the first riding season.

My previous bike was a 2011 BMW F650GS that I've had since I bought it new in 2011. I hung onto it last season because I wasn't certain about the 300 being enough bike for some of the longer trips we like to do. After a full season with the 300 I'm satisfied it will happily take me anywhere I want. So I sold the Beemer a few weeks ago. Now I'm just waiting for winter to go away so I can get the 300 out again.

·
Super Moderator
19,393 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:welcome: aboard!

I spent some time in Moose Jaw over a winter..., so NOW I do all I can to avoid snow AND cold!!!
Seems reasonable. I spent a couple years in Victoria in th mid-60s and have hated winter ever since. Unfortunately life conspired to keep me in the cold. An air force posting took me to Moose jaw and my IT career took me to Regina. On balance, bride, career, family and friends have made it more than worthwhile. But I still hate winter.

·
Registered
453 Posts
:welcome:
Hi Ken. I have not dropped in on ADVrider for a while.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yeah, that "post a few times thing kind of threw me too, maybe it was too easy for us?? :)
I have a 650, but would love to spend a day on a 300, it has gotten such great reviews. Revzilla did a really good review and I started to take notice at that point. You moving from a BMW really says something! Again, welcome and I look forward to your posts and hopefully a few pictures from your great neck of the woods. Best!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts