Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Neck airbags are the future. It can help prevent whiplash or being paralyzed.

You can never be too geared up. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
I bought a brand-new Leatt MotoGPX neck brace (a BMW Motorrad branded one) w/ all kinds of parts to modify its fit from small to large ($400 from BMW...) for $187.50 + shipping off Ebay.

Took awhile to get it properly 'fit', but glad I got it!

BTW - I have NOT drunk the BMW "koolade"....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
They need something that covers your whole body! :clap:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Related:

As someone who bicycles to work everyday, and uses a motorcycle to get everywhere else when I'm not going to the mountains or costco with the truck, I really like the idea of these two products.

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
I bought a brand-new Leatt MotoGPX neck brace (a BMW Motorrad branded one) w/ all kinds of parts to modify its fit from small to large ($400 from BMW...) for $187.50 + shipping off Ebay.

Took awhile to get it properly 'fit', but glad I got it!

BTW - I have NOT drunk the BMW "koolade"....

That thing between you legs (1st Pic) look like a Swedish enhancement device!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I went with one of these. I love it!

http://www.safermoto.com
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hitair

A little on the spendy side, but no more than a good piece of high quality name brand gear. Never had to really put it to use, but I did drop my bike from a stand still more or less and the airbag inflated right quick! I picked up my bike, helped the airbags deflate and was back on the road. Got home, replaced the CO2 cartridge and was good to go. I've had mine about 5 years now and wear it most days. It's starting to show a little wear here and there, but nothing that will effect it's safety.

Anyone who rides should have one of these. They market them to equestrian riders too...

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
That thing between you legs (1st Pic) look like a Swedish enhancement device!
That's the part that fits DOWN your back - the LEATT goes around your neck between the helmet and your shoulders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts