Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm out for a little early morning Saturday ride just outside of the big city and notice an SUV shadowing me in the lane to the right. Traffic is light flowing at around 65 MPH. I glance over at the SUV and the guy gives me an always welcome thumbs up and a smile. I nod and return the thumb. After 30 seconds or so, I decide, "What the heck, let's 'play' and drop this baby down one gear and hit the throttle!" I take off like a rocket and in an instant look down to see the speedo showing 104MPH! (I know, I know . . . the Versys is off by a little bit)

I must admit I've had the girl for around 3 months and I'm not really in to speed, I'm more interested in the comfort of the ride. But it's nice to know the girl will "get up and go" if you ask her to!!!!! I didn't push her to see what she would top out at . . . my exit came up pretty quick.

I've got a lengthy road trip coming up . . . I'll probably give in to temptation and see what she'll top out at.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Mine... When loaded up with gear and my not-so-aerodynamic Happy Trail panniers... will hit 104 (GPS) and stay there... on flat Florida roads.

·
Registered
429 Posts
tried the speed on Germany highway (I'm currently on a long trip in europe)...so I reached 185km/h (GPS)....loaded with givi 45l and a saddle bag that has at least 20kg...it was stable...but on thing: it will suck gas like a whole!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
OR 50MPH over a Speeding Ticket! :guilty:
DEFINITELY - in MOST jurisdictions IF you are caught at that kind of speed it's an automatic jail-cell, and impounding of your ride.
:nono:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
So I'm curious... do you think he would still give you a "thumbs-up" after that little display of "immaturity"?

You never know i was playing with a couple of middle aged ladies in their convertible mustang on a trip through Missouri we got up to about 115mph afterwards one of them flashed me her boobs.:D:D

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
They have a newer "stunt driving law" in Ontario primarily aimed at motorcycles and guys with hopped up cars. It means driving 50km/hour (30 MPH) over the posted limit, which is 150km/hr (90 MPH) on most divided highways. That means if you are caught you risk having the bike impounded and immediate loss of driving privileges for one week. Basically you are left standing beside the road. Also 6 months to 2 year license suspension and $2000 to $10,000 fine on court conviction. :eek:

Before being aware of the repercussions I may have once very briefly tested the top speed capabilities of my Versys on an empty highway far from civilization and possibly found it to be roughly ~160 km/hour or ~100 MPH with stock gearing. It is possible if I had been more patient with the wide open throttle I could have eeked out a few more MPH but not many. The rate of acceleration when you reach at 160KPH (100 MPH) is almost non existent, or so they say.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Before being aware of the repercussions I may have once very briefly tested the top speed capabilities of my Versys on an empty highway far from civilization and possibly found it to be roughly ~160 km/hour or ~100 MPH with stock gearing. It is possible if I had been more patient with the wide open throttle I could have eeked out a few more MPH but not many. The rate of acceleration when you reach at 160KPH (100 MPH) is almost non existent, or so they say.
MMM when mine was still restricted it would do 160 kph now with the restrictors removed I have had it to 180 and was still climbing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
MMM when mine was still restricted it would do 160 kph now with the restrictors removed I have had it to 180 and was still climbing.
This is the first I've heard of any restrictor/governor on the V - I take it that it can be modified to nurse a few more horses out of it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
:topsecret:198kph and still some left . but she does drink like a thirsty horse at those speeds , normally cruise at around 140-150 kph .

·
Banned
895 Posts
I got up to 130mph on the A55 in England when I had the Viffer (VFR/Interceptor 800)

Immature?
Dangerous?
Illegal?

Yes!

Do I give a fat rat's arse (ass) what the "sensible brigade" have to say?:dontcare:

:guilty:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts