Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice review VZ! Congrats a picking your great bike! The acceleration and nimbleness are my favorite features. And the looks too. You get a lot of people giving you a double take as you ride by!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
It's all about balance. And I think you found Kawasaki's done a good job. Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
It's all about balance. And I think you found Kawasaki's done a good job. Ride safe.
When BMW made the 900 Nuda (sold to Husky sold to KTM), they would not even let the 105 hp twin into the states. It would have completely destroyed 4 cylinder brick sales in the USA. Kawasaki on the other hand 'gifted' riders with a midrange cam supermoto tourer (that I got for $5150 less than 6 mos new.)

Although the VFR is supposed to be the only other slightly larger supermoto tourer on the market, it is too complex and not needed. Honda is innovative and the VFR may suit some better if they ride 2 up with short passengers aboard, and it is unusually torquey! But for pure handling, nothing beats a vertical twin for fun, safety, and pure motorcycling like it was meant to be. The Vs. 650 is smooth as honey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts