Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided today to ride my bike to Christchurch to visit my eldest son, my sister and Fasto daughter to see how things have gone after a week since the big quake and my youngest son Jayden said he would like to come with me for the day on the bike so thought that was a awesome idea.

A quick stop to get rid of excess coffee that i had drunk and have a quick eat at a rest stop along inland scenic route.

broken church very close to centre of quake but considering it was a 7.1 the old church done alright.

rakaia gorge
The poor kid after me making him pose for the photos.
After visiting other family we went to check on fasto daughter at Canterbury university and she is in good spirits and made us a nice hot drink.
Jayden and Loshini

After leaving loshini we rode the 100 miles back to home and my awesome son took me in his car and shouted me out to a movie, this was his fathers day present from previous sunday. So all in all a great day with my son but i do not like two ups on my V as ended up with a slightly sore butt after the 360km round trip and usually have no problems but who cares had a great day with the boy.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. My daughter & I have been spending more time together since she got her bike. We're supposed to go for a ride this morning, but she's still sleeping.

Great pics as always, I swear you live in a post card! Nice story & very thoughtful of you to check on Fasto's daughter & your family.

:thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
624 Posts
The country looks very similar to the northwest US where I live. You are a lucky man to get to have made a memory like this with your son, road trips are filled with many moments to savor and going to check on friends and family is an even better bonus!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,772 Posts
Nice ride Phil, and thanks for dropping by Losh place. She drop a mail after you guys left.

Grateful to you friend for your kindness and thoughtfulness.

God bless you.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The country looks very similar to the northwest US where I live. You are a lucky man to get to have made a memory like this with your son, road trips are filled with many moments to savor and going to check on friends and family is an even better bonus!

Agree with you 100% as days like that spending it with my son doing what I love and his idea to come makes life seem pretty good at times and I am sure that he will not forget the time spent either.:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts