Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode down the used record store today to dig through bins and see what I could find. I like modern jazz and it's hard to come by. Anyway the parking there is sparse as they have a small lot. I pulled into the last open spot and was thought I was lucky to get it. As I was storing my gear a guy on a cherry V-Max pulled in looking for a spot but none left. I saw he was starting to back peddle so I flagged him over and moved the V to one side so we could both park.

I found 6 cds for $21.00 and then walked down to get a cup of coffee. I walked in and the guy on the V-Max was there and the owner of the shop! Free Cup for me! Said he normally doesn't ride in but the beater (car) was down. The V-Max was very nicely cared for clean and no rust and dents.

I have a 16t front sprocket to put on BUT the V is smooth as butter at 75-80 and I just can't bring myself to change it out yet.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Great story.

The 16 tooth counter is a nice change. Kind of turns a Versys from a 6 month old Labrador retriever into a 3 year old Labrador retriever.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Great story! :thumb:

I have a 44t setting in my basement but never put it on as I love the lower gears and ride alot of dirt roads and trails! :thumb: :eek:

·
Super Moderator
16,054 Posts
I've always made it a habit to park to one side of the parking space in case another bike came along.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've always made it a habit to park to one side of the parking space in case another bike came along.
Same here, that is IF there isn't a little triangle at the end of the sawtooth, or some other place that's not normally considered a parking place. I always have a fear that someone will try to move my bikes to make room for them to park their cage.

To the O.P., glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here, that is IF there isn't a little triangle at the end of the sawtooth, or some other place that's not normally considered a parking place. I always have a fear that someone will try to move my bikes to make room for them to park their cage.

To the O.P., glad it worked out for you.
Funny about the "Left Overs" triangles. We have a new parking lot at work and when I ask about parking the bike in one I was told NOT to park in one but to use a full space. We have about 600 people on the 1st shift so now someone had to to park in the dirt lot because I have to use a full space...along with about a dozen other riders...go figure?!?! Oh we have a motorcycle parking lot...about a 1/2 mile from my desk and it holds maybe 6-7 bikes.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I work for a college and parking is very scarce. They added some sidewalks which join three of the parking lots together. When they put the sidewalks in and restriped everything. They had a couple feet of pavement left over on each side of the sidewalks so they put a sign up that says "motorcycle parking". No one uses those spaces because your motorcycle is right beside the sidewalk where everyone walks and hangs out and no one, including myself, trusts the students walking and hanging out around their bikes like that. It's a good thought but definately not designed by a motorcycle rider, at least not one who cares about their ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts