Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my V last year and can't wait for the snow to melt and the weather to get just a little warmer in Saskatchewan.

The V is my first bike after not riding for 25 years or so and it's great. The only issue I have is vibrations at lower RPM. The dealer said they all did it and just drive faster. Has anyone found another solution?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Find somebody who has a Harley Sportster that's about 10 years old . . . and pay them to let you ride it for about an hour. When you get off it - and back onto your Versys - you will neither feel nor complain about "vibrations at lower RPM" for the rest of your life!

And, please, no "flaming" from other Harley riders. I love the Sportster and I was depressed for months after I sold my 1200 Custom! But ya gotta admit that, for models prior to the "innovation" of rubber mounting for the engine, it is a real tooth rattler!

Peace,
Kevin

·
Registered
21 Posts
Northern,

There is some vibration that seems to go away as it wears in. It was really bad coming through the seat when I first got the bike but has seemed to disappear completely now. However, I had some serious vibrations on the plastic around the gauges. The fairings as they come around the gas tank to the front don't come together, and the plastic housing on the dials goes down and sits over top. There is some anti-vibration foam but on mine it was either not enough or was off a little bit. I stuffed some more in and it's stopped it completely.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Where exactly did you stuff in the extra foam? And where did you get the foam?
Dan

·
Registered
21 Posts
It was actually one of the techie's at the shop where I get it serviced. I tried and couldn't find it and they spent a hour or so rooting around. If you follow the fairing around underneath to the front, it stops. (the fairings are two seperate left and right pieces) the plastic dash housing goes down the front and sits over top or underneath of the fairings and the noise and vibration comes from those pieces rubbing together. The foam we used was just door and window weatherstripping (it's nice because a lot of it comes with peel and stick adhesive and element resistant.) but I think anything to stop the vibration would work.
Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.