Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local free paper does an article once a week in its motoring section called 'check my wheels' Hope you can read it okay as took me longer than some rides to work out the scanner. Enjoy the read :cheers:

page 2

·
Registered
842 Posts
Nice write-up.

And yes, I was able to read it all by clicking on the top bar

:cheers:

·
Registered
718 Posts
It is really great to have something you are passionate about. To be able to share that passion with the one you love makes it even better. That was a great article and I must say, my wife and I share the same love for the open road. It is something we look forward too every weekend and vacation.
Way to go Mr. and Mrs. Drake!

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Thanks for sharing... Really hits home in several ways because my wife rides a V-Star and I ride the V. I also just came off of the "more powerful but slower" Suzuki C50.

I'm having much more fun with my Versys.

·
Premium Member
16,110 Posts
Way Cool :cool:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Awesome, great exposure for good motorcyclists!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Great article Phil! I can only dream of the day my wife joins me with a bike of her own ;)

Before I decided to go with the V, I was looking at the C50T. I could have gotten a brand new '08 (0 miles) fully dressed for $5k. However, I couldn't resist the smaller, lighter, faster and just plain fun Versys :D

Here's to many more years of riding for you and your sweetie :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice scan work, it was worth it. Too bad there isn't one good shot of the Versys.
My grumble exactly, the reporter liked the idea of my wife have the bigger heavier bike so photos biased toward cruiser but i am secure in my manhood and after some counselling 'the Mighty V' is going to be alright as well. Thank's for the kind word guys and we have a blast on our bikes and it is great to have a common interest especially as our youngest son has just put application into the navy and maybe gone by next feb, if accepted on that intake and that will leave the house a bit empty.:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for sharing... Really hits home in several ways because my wife rides a V-Star and I ride the V. I also just came off of the "more powerful but slower" Suzuki C50.

I'm having much more fun with my Versys.
Could not agree more Capn, took the C50 for a ride today because it has not done much all winter but its not the same fun factor as the Mighty V.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great article! Look at you two, local celebs!! I like how your wife was giving you a little ribbing! Good stuff!!
A little ribbing Bear, thats a understatement but like we said its all in good fun, if you ever come over to my place for a BBQ you better bring a sense of humour.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts