Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have new 2008 V. It has a mean vibration buzz from the dash/fairing between 3000-4000 rpms. Anyone else experienced this? If so how did you fix? It's annoying because it's right at the rpm level for in city cruising.
thanks
Dan

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
The dealer should have a kit for you. It's a known issue. Basically, it consists of a couple of bits of weather stripping attached under the panels the are under the wind screen & around the dash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hmm I have the same buzz right around 4,000. I haven't mentioned it to my dealer yet, since I'm supposed to be keeping it under 4,000 during this break in period. I'll mention it when I take it for my 500 mile check up, oil change, etc...I'll let ya know how it goes!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dan,

Kawasaki didn't seem to put enough foam between the fairings, dask and plastic housing around the light. Bear on a Bike is bang on. All my tech did was take some weatherstripping and put it in a couple of strategic places and it hasn't done it since. I've had it back on the road this spring for about three weeks and been back and forth to work just about every day and just did a 150 km trip today with my wife and still not a rumble so it seems to be holding up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Guys. i'm a new member, just registered. I'm a biker from italy and since june i've a new kawasaki verys. reading all your post i've understood that i've same problems of you: noise due to vibrations in front between 2.000 and 4.000 rpm. i've immediatly found the reason of this noise and it's a little steel ball into the instrumentation. Kawasaki customercare knows that (since at least 2006) but up to know they didn't do anything to solve this problem. This is the problem also of many italian biker and now i'm fighting with kawasaki customercare to try to get a solution: a complete digital instrumentation would be a great solution...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts