Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a quick blast with the Pirelli MT60 with a few trail roads, swapping between tarmac surfaces, shale and a little clay. I was previously impressed when I travelled Khai Krajom mountain coming down how easy it was to control with plenty of bite and no slippage. I made it much easier when standing on the pegs on some slow down-hill sections.

I decided to do another run as I needed a ride and a break so I left at 4:30 am with the aim to have a blast around Ratchaburi (Thailand), spending the afternoon, leaving me enough time to get home for my daughter. It was bloody freezing for Thailand, especially in the morning, and with no coffee shops open I sat and waited for the sun to break before riding on.
But as for the Pirelli I am really impressed with how much grip they have on tarmac, much beter than the standard Dunlops and no noticeable difference from the previous Scorpions I had for the type of riding I do. However, they really shine through on gravel and loose dirt, powering the bike forward and never feeling like they would let go.

So far I’ve done about 1500+ Km on them and with no really visible signs of wear, which is comment often made with these tires. Having said that, I can’t see them maintaining a high performance for too long when you see how shallow the nubs are. Would I buy another set? Probably not as for 12,500bht (255 quid) they is another tire which a few have compared and preferred at a fraction of the cost offering slight better off road performance, the V-Rubber VRM163 at only 4000bht (82 quid) which has slightly bigger nubs. The front fender might need raising with this option though.

Bung up quick!

·
Registered
456 Posts
The MT-60s Corsa are intended for super motards, therefore they are stupid soft and won't last very long on the Versys. It's basically a single compound Diablo Super Corsa in motard sizes with a thread pattern that makes them suitable for dirt.

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts