Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. Road to both oceans several times in my teens and 20's with a CX and KZ. The bike was a big part of what I was. As we married and started our family, I needed to step away from this part of my life.

Today, I have sons of 16, 14, 10 - the same great wife, and a boatload of life insurance. Got back to riding last summer with a Vulcan 1600. Mostly daily and weekend rides since we are still chasing kids schedules for Hockey and Baseball, and ..... Whenever possible, I share these rides with my wife, so the Vulcan is a perfect 2 up machine.

My longest ride last summer was only 600 miles round trip. Plenty of all days rides, though. Time is the toughest thing to find.

A lot of reading about ADV riding, trips I am planning to Alaska and Los Cabos lead me to realize it needs to be done on a $20K beemer or a $5.5K Versys. So, I landed here.

Hope to learn and help out along the way.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome alekkas! Busy with kids and family is something I can relate to. Two teenage daughters with social calendars that make me look like a hermit. Glad you're making the effort to get out there and ride. Enjoy your V and be safe.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
:welcome: Your story seems to be the norm with this forum. I have a daughter that is heading off to college next year and a son that is grown and raising a family. As the mantra of a motorcycle group that I have considered joining, we are "Retreads", riders that rode as young people, raised our kids, then rediscovered a passion for all things motorcycle. Where you from, BTW?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts