Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't like digging into anything on a bike thats electrical. Running something to the battery is normally as far as i will go. A big reason i got the Versys was to be able to work on most of it on my own. Mounted the Admore Light Bar a week or so ago and also routed the wiring for it and the Admore Top Case Lights. Was going to take to a shop for them to connect the wiring but thought i'd give it a try. Looked at the electrical diagram for the bike but was confused. Dropped a PM to forum member onewizard since i always see him solve electrical problems for the color of the wires for the tail light,brake light, left & right turn signal and the ground. He got right back to me with the answer so this morning i went out to the bike and got started.

Posi-taped the bikes to a Admore Harness for the FJR i just cut the white connectors off. Wanted to use it because its has a "bridge" i guess you could call it. The bikes wires and the wires for what ever your hooking to it join there. This way i could wire my gps to the tail light wire and ground at the Bridge or connector what ever you call it.

Got everything wired up and checked to see it it worked. The only problem was the top case lights didn't come on so i took everything apart at the bridge and re-did it to make sure all the wires were connected. Still everything worked but the topcase lights so i knew the problem.

The pin connector that hooks to the connection under the top case must have broke a pin. It happened once before they become brittle over time. Last time Admore had me send it back to them and they re-furbished it. I'm not going to mess with it this time not important to me about the top case lights.

Disconnected the top case wiring and put in the garage re-hooked everything else . The bikes lights light bar and gps worked perfect.

The GPS isn't in the way even though it looks like it in the photo

Electrical by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
looks clean, i use to use those connector bars on boats all the time only thing id recommend is spraying them with liquid tape to keep the green death out

Reactions: Lours_Polaire

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks clean, i use to use those connector bars on boats all the time only thing id recommend is spraying them with liquid tape to keep the green death out

Thanks, Will Do...

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
July when i installed everything it was the first time i had to tap or cut into wires on a bike so i was a little nervous about it. So when the top case lights didn't come on i tried them by themselves and still nothing so i gave up quick and just said oh well no top case lights then. It made me go double check the connectors today. Couldn't see anything wrong so after the tiny rain we had today i got the Admore Wiring that connects to the bikes wiring and hooked it up to the harness with my admore light bar wiring and gps wires. Made sure all the connections were clean and snug. Fired up the bike and Bingo... Top Case Lights, Light Bar & GPS were working. Nice to have the top case lights working again. Have been using this top case with the light kit since 2010 now on its 3rd bike. :yeahsmile::yeahsmile::yeahsmile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts