Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I rode down to Tucson from phx the other day using the stock windscreen, with my dual sport helmet on...
and I won't do that again.
I do have a Mikes GT shield, and its awesome... But due to the extremely high temps here, i switched to the small stock screen for more air low over me. While this was awesome for around town, it's a pain at anything over 60mph. I do have a madstad bracket, and tried lots of different heights and angles to no avail.
I will only be using the GT shield from now on for any highway riding over 30 mintues in lenght. Just though I'd let others know...
moral of the story ='s a billed helmet requires a big screen for speed.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I have the stock screen upside down in the highest setting. For helmets I have a Scorpion exo700, and a Icon Varient. Yes the Scorpion is smoother at high speeds, but I just got back from 1500 miles of interstates with the Icon. I thought it was great with the exception of buffeting when passing tractor trailers.

Try flipping the screen. I had horrible buffeting in the stock design.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I wear a billed helmet when I ride the DRZ S and it is a pain over 50 mph or less into the wind. I have to ride with my head down or else it is pushing my goggles up to my forehead. I'm looking for something better.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Just did 200 miles up the Gorge and back with my Arai XD (billed w/ shield). Stock screen, high setting. Speeds 60-80. Worked pretty well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts