Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys good luck with your rides ...i ended up buying a 919 was a little more my style...thanks for answering the questions i had...and have a safe riding season
Sal

·
Registered
318 Posts
Congrats on the 919. They are underrated bikes to say the least. I really like the look of them personally but they just never seemed to find their market out here in the states. I loved the flat green color they had a few years back. Stick around and let us know how you like it.

Congrats again on the new ride :D

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sweet naked that 919...Looks like a ton of fun too....Hmmm, now ya got me thinkin my V might be getting mighty lonely out there by itself in the garage...I wouldn't even bother running that one by the wife but I've Always been a big nekid fan :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys ..im real impressed with the bike.. real smooth motor and tranny. 6 speed...never owned a light weight ... short wheel base bike..yes its a blast to ride... snappy quick and fast also..you can pick them up for 6700....07 i bought msrp was 8500.....think its one hell of a deal...dealer still has some versys on the floor not sure if there hard to find or not

·
Registered
775 Posts
Was curious...Went to the Honda website and no 919...Not making it anymore?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Nope. 07 was the last year. I traded mine in on the V. The V is a better touring bike. Which is what I wanted.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still sell over seas as the hornet never took off in the U.S europe has a lot of machines we never see...Mudarra how long did you own your 919

·
Registered
371 Posts
anything i should keep an eye out for
Not really. Its bullet proof. Shift smoothly into 2nd, otherwise you will find the front wheel in the air. :yeahsmile:

Turn in is a little strange with a round profile rear (to me anyway). The 919 likes Pilot Powers triangular profile (the 2ct, and the road2 are awesome tires!).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not really. Its bullet proof. Shift smoothly into 2nd, otherwise you will find the front wheel in the air. :yeahsmile:

Turn in is a little strange with a round profile rear (to me anyway). The 919 likes Pilot Powers triangular profile (the 2ct, and the road2 are awesome tires!).

ill look into that style tire when the times comes...ya found out about the wheel lift around 160 miles when i decided to open it up a little in 1st ...i have to get the gas control thing down or just remember to get my weight over the tank to slow down the lift

·
Registered
371 Posts
ill look into that style tire when the times comes...ya found out about the wheel lift around 160 miles when i decided to open it up a little in 1st ...i have to get the gas control thing down or just remember to get my weight over the tank to slow down the lift
Work on throttle control. You will get more out of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts