Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over the 9,000 mile mark on the Versys today. The most miles I ever put on it was 750 in one day. I'm on vacation in October and might take it to Florida to see my son. That would be a two day trip if I go. I'll need to rig up some highway pegs for that trip though. On the 750 mile trip I was wishing I had them to stretch my legs out and relax a bit.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sounds like fun. I don't have hwy pegs but I do take one leg at a time to move forward and straighten out just to stretch once in a while. Then again, I'm not tall.

Have fun but watch the drivers in FL. I've been all over this country but the drivers in southern FL are the worse. Many others have said the same.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A 750 mile day. Must have been a lot of super slab droning. How fast do you go on the slab and what mpg do you get then.

Just curious. I'm a potential V buyer and if I'm giving up half my HP I want to make sure I feel good at the pump.

To expand, I ride a ZZR 1200 and never ever use all the power. On the other hand it is nice to go like stink with a little twist of the wrist in 6th. For the way I ride I will be able to have all the acceleration I normally use now to get up to speed with a V, it will just take a lot more throttle. Not over 80 of course, not to mention 120 but I don't need to go there anymore, if I ever did.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Few weeks ago I had to go to Phoenix. When I reached hwy 10 in TX, to my pleasant surprise the speed limit was 80 mph for a very long way. I was cruising at 90 and even from there when ever I gunned it, the V would still pull quickly to 100 plus. Several times I found myself cruising at 100 without me noticing it because it was so smooth.

The V is more than a "light cruiser" it IS a cruiser for the long haul. Yes, going fast cuts down on mpg due to the wind force, so I was getting in the lower 40s mpg, but then again, I'm carrying about 70 lbs of tools and gear in my big bags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.