Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

The odometer just hit 10,000 km, 6,000 km of which were done during 3 big roadtrips. The longest one was 2,500 km.

Maintenance is up-to-date. I recently had the valve clearances checked, too. Tires are still in very good shape. Still original brake pads, plently of life left in them. Then again, average speed here is approx 50-60 km/h which helps.

So far, the bike has had 4 oil changes. I will continue to do oil changes every 4,000 to 5,000 km.

I really love this bike. I have added a few mods over time to increase overall comfort:
- 30mm handle bar risers
- screen extender
- yellow headlight cover
- modified seat for much comfort

Coming soon:
- JTF 15T counter sprocket
- Givi ST602 tankbag
- Givi top case (undecided on which one)

Cheers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did you need to do something extra with the cabling to accommodate the 30mm risers?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a question: WHY the "yellow headlight cover"?
To be seen. When people see a yellow light coming they pay more attention. Southeast Asia is crowded and roads are dangerous. It also protects the headlight.

what year is your bike? were the valves in spec?
Mechanic said they were in spec and barely needed any adjustment.

Did you need to do something extra with the cabling to accommodate the 30mm risers?
I had to re-route the cable. It goes through 2 metal "hooks". I "by-passed the bottom hook, which gave me an extra cm or 2. Just enough, otherwise the cable would be a bit too short when fully turning the handlebar to the right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts