Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice find. Wonder how good/durable/sensitive the little alarm really is. I usually shop for gadgets like this one at one of the chinese stores such as dx.com but quality can be hit or miss.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I got this in the mail the other day:

http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/motorbikes/alarm/XXSeries/XX14StainlessSteelFinish/page1/

Great lock. Even without the alarm feature (which is very effective), it's a great disc lock and I feel much better about leaving my bike sitting around. Wasn't $8, more like $80, but I feel like it was money well-spent. If you have any additional info or links about your new alarm, please do share. Let us know how it works! I'm interested.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/motorbikes/alarm/XXSeries/XX14StainlessSteelFinish/page1/

Great lock. Even without the alarm feature (which is very effective), it's a great disc lock and I feel much better about leaving my bike sitting around. Wasn't $8, more like $80, but I feel like it was money well-spent. If you have any additional info or links about your new alarm, please do share. Let us know how it works! I'm interested.
That looks top notch.

·
Registered
333 Posts
what happens if you forget to unlock and remove?
Ask me how I know... :D

In the first few days of ownership, I started the bike as it was (on kickstand, front wheel still cocked), got all my gear on then hopped on the bike. As I straightened the wheel, I heard the 3 loud beeps prior to the full alarm... whoops! Very silly as I had to quickly dismount, take the key out, and unlock the damn thing blaring at 120dB. It's a very sensitive system, but so far no false alarms.

But if you're even faster than that, you can wreck the plastic fender if you backup quickly.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

Got one similar it makes a nice paper weight.....

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
This thing undoubted works... but I think I prefer something that the thief would see before he attempts to take the bike, maybe dissuading him to do so, and leave the bike alone, and hope that he does not tip the bike over.

I would probably forget like this guy and do the same. I always put my giant Kryptonite U lock in the rear wheel.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
A solid demonstration of why this is a good system for someone with MUCH more cranial fortitude than I.:right:
I got a cheap disk lock in the beginning, I forgot to take it off 2 times, but the good thing is that I have the bike next to a wall, so I have to push it about 2m, before jumping on it.. so I discovered before spilling it ;)
it worked for about a year and then I couldn't open it, I had to cut it... 15 min with a grinder!!! that's a special steel.... the sparks were really different!
I used a U-lock to block the rear wheel, now I just keep it in the garage...

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a fluorescent orange disc brake lock with a fluorescent orange coiled cord that runs to my grips. Yet I still once forgot to take it off :mad: , why :confused:, because I forgot to run the fluorescent orange cord to the grip :goodidea: . Thankfully, a co-worker was standing next to me, getting ready to get on his bike, when he pointed it out.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts