Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my rear pirelli angel. It's starting to get close to the wear marks in the middle of the tire, although you probably can't see that in the pics.

So what do you guys think? Another 50 miles? 500 miles? 1000 miles?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How's the grip? Are you happy with the performance?
Good question bear. I'm a pretty conservative rider, but today I slipped turning left at an intersection. Not once, but twice. I think I slipped on the transition to the side. I was riding a little aggressive cause the damn car in front was just going way too slow.

Although that same intersection is where I've always slipped when my oem tire was starting to wear out.

Other than that no problems with grip..but like I said, I'm pretty conservative on my commutes.

·
Registered
875 Posts
:stickpoke:
Looks like you still have plenty tread on the sides where you need it?(j/k)

Good for burn outs 'till it blows(j/k)

More exciting livin' life on the edge!(j/k)

Looks cool when yur given' er down the road fishtailing all the way!

'bin drinkin' a bit...play it safe!:cheers::grinangel:

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
It still looks good for a little while. Not bad for 7000 miles in your hot conditions... What's all that light gray dust/residue? Looks like some accumulates on both sides just beside the center, which probably makes it more prone to slipping when accelerating on a slight lean while turning.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Invader, it appears to me to be dust or sand. Where I work there is a lot of it in the yard. But I don't know why it's sticking to my tires like that.

·
Registered
764 Posts
"I slipped turning left at an intersection. Not once, but twice."
" I was riding a little aggressive cause the damn car in front was just going way too slow."

Intersections are probably one of the worst places to ride aggressively, alot of junk there mainly oil and antifreeze, very slippery.

Donn:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts