Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I just wanted to say farewell and thank you to everyone on the forum. I bought my 2008 new and have since put 70,500 miles on it traveling all over the western US, Canada, and Alaska. Though I have had very few problems, the information on this forum about farkles and repairs has been invaluable--thank you all for your contributions, especially the early guys blazing the trail back in 2008.

I have two other bikes and not enough room for the new one wifey wants, so the Versys has to go. But I am very sad--I have spend a lot of time in the seat of that bike. It really has been remarkably reliable. Batteries, bulbs, full-synthetic Redline since new, chains and sprockets, two stators and two regulator/rectifiers, lots of tires, brake pads and fluid, coolant. Beyond the stators and R/Rs, I can't think of a thing on that bike that has been replaced that wasn't normal wear and tear. The thing has been a stud, and it still runs and brakes strong. Don't know how many miles it has left in it, but it gives no indication it's anywhere near ready to quit.

So if anyone is wondering, yes you can get 70,000 miles out of one of these, no problem.

So thanks again everyone, and see you down the road!

(for sale with some farkles on Craig's list in Pendleton, OR for anyone interested)

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
can you post a link to your CL ad?
sad to see a V rider go :(

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
Adios.....

·
Registered
642 Posts
This is a good forum. The Versys is a good bike. All things must come to an end.

Ride safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts