Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Super Moderator
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No pictures ... but it was so nice today, I cut out of work a little early and rode about an hour with my lovely wife. I forgot how much I missed being able to decompress with a nice ride after work with my wife on the back seat. (Yes, NW GA is mostly year-round riding ... but it takes more effort, and doesn't include my wife !)

We rode down to Hall's Cemetery in south Walker county (about 20 miles) and checked around her grandparents grave sites. I never got to meet them, but feel like I know them well. Chan was born in 1904 and died in 1986. Edna was born in 1907 and died in 1999. We got married in 2003, so I just missed Edna (yes, I married a little later in life ... was 33-1/2).

The cemetery is adjacent to my wife's childhood home. (Where her parents still lived when we married).

Lots of memories were shared. It was a very nice ride. Feeling pretty content. 馃檪

Now, I have to get back to work ... and finish out my day.

Registered
9 degrees but sunny here. Looks like a perfect day to ski.

No motorcycling since before Thanksgiving due to the heavy snow this year. The snow has settled and packed down to about 5 feet deep in the yard, and quite dense. A week ago it was up to the top of the deck railing on the 2nd floor - you could have walked onto that deck from the yard. More snow coming next week...

Registered
Kentucky is not exactly the north, but and I commute year-around, but no pleasure rides for me in the winter. Today is particularly nasty, with cutting wind, 37 degrees, and drizzling rain. Plus some vehicle leaked diesel all over the road when I came to work. I fishtailed my rear, and it was pretty scary.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've logged over 1000 miles so far this month. Hate these cold wet snaps in the spring. LoL!
Spring started early ... but winter sneaked back a little 馃檮

Only 1k miles ... 馃う馃徏鈥嶁檪锔 ... I'm not worthy!!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@JT in GA What a coincidence, we got married in 2003 as well, on Halloween 馃槑
Have been out a few times to scrub in the new tires but weather here has been a roller coaster between 40's to 80's seems when it's warm it's raining
Holiday weddings must have been popular in 2003 ... 4th of July for us 馃嚭馃嚥馃憤馃徎

1 - 9 of 9 Posts