Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
This will be my first bike, can't decided which one...any help would be greatly appreciated. V twin or inline twin etc.

I test drove both, with the intention of buying the V-Storm and left an hour later with the Versys. The only thing that i still prefer on the Wee storm is the pillion seating arrangement, it's alot more comfy, this is not to say that the versys pillion seat is not comfy, the Wee storm is seat is just more comfy.

I really dislike the inline twin, it sounds like it's battery powered and as soon as you rev over 5k it sounds like a 125cc... Just my opinion.

Best thing you should do, is go test drive both.

;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I can't give you direct personal experience between the Versys and the V-strom but My Karate instructor has a 1000 V-Strom, and a friend of ours has the 650. When I was searching for which bike to get after I took the BRC, they both advised me to go with the Versys instead of the 650 V-Strom. It is a better and more forgiving bike for a new rider like me but will keep me entertained for quite a long time :D . I don't know your experience level but I'm very happy with what I got. I did sit on the V-Strom and found it to be heavier and larger feeling, then the Versys. Hope this helps. :thumb:

·
Registered
144 Posts
The Versys is my first bike. And after not being on one in about 10 years, I am glad I chose it. The bike is very forgiving and easy to ride. It is easy to handle and light enough that if you get your feet tangle up, you may not necessarily go down.:eek: Bad experience, just to much going on at one time. Clutch, brake, downshifting, checking both ways...things like that. You will not regret the Versys. I don't.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nope.... over here you can't test drive a bike at a dealer unless it's one of those demo-days put on by the manufacturer...

Sweden huh? I miss riding in Roslagen where I grew up... Some killer never ending twisties there... Whereabouts in S are you?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nope.... over here you can't test drive a bike at a dealer unless it's one of those demo-days put on by the manufacturer...

Sweden huh? I miss riding in Roslagen where I grew up... Some killer never ending twisties there... Whereabouts in S are you?
Yep, good old Sweden..but im not a swed.. Im a 08'er :eek: The only kinds of roads we get around here are long winding highways, im still searching for some good riding spots here, i've only been here for one and a half years..

On-topic

Versys hands down !::exactly: Although i do miss my Ninja sometimes...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts