Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rode my 2013 back from her 600 mile service + installation of the Motowork lowering link kit. Loving the fact that I don't have to mount her like I'm getting on a horse any more. :) I had my dealer, Steve Seltzer Powersports in Altoona PA, install the link, do the side stand mod and raise the forks while they had the bike for service. Could I have done this, yeah, but I just wanted it done so I can get some miles on, you know? My wife and try to get out as often as we can together when it's nice, she has a Vespa and we love exploring the back roads around Central PA. It makes me a bit sad that I can't do a center stand with the lowering kit, but - I'll be riding it a lot more than I'll be lubing or adjusting the chain, so I think I can live with that. Just sort feels weird, first street bike I've ever had that doesn't have a center stand. Then again, I still lament the loss of having a kick starter as well, so...

Stay safe, everyone!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
If you have not already done so, the chain will have to be readjusted once the lowering link is installed.

I'm liking my lowered bike too!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You can do the centerstand, but it will be cut and migwelding the SW centerstand for 2010 to 2014 model. It's a B to put on, so combine the installation and that for a service maybe from the same people you deal with. The BMW Chain Gang do it on their BMW F650/G650 lowered bikes too. $30 added for cut and weld and you can paint it yourself after it is on to avoid labor hours for waiting for paint to dry :D

A centerstand is a must for me, but I guess most people here have lowered bikes and shy away from it. I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had to lower mine. It would be slightly more comfortable lowered, but the handling would not be the original engineered specs, so I opted for the safety specs: close decision. Except for the high cost of the centerstand to begin with, its no big deal to chop and mig weld the stand even if it takes 2 or 3 trys to get it right: tig welding on the other hand with AL would be a different level of expertise and limited tries before it is scrap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts