Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new Matt Orange Versys 650LT today, pick it up on Friday.

The first service is due at 600 miles, which is basically an oil change. The dealership charges $190 for this service.

I feel very capable of changing the oil and filter myself, and looking to see if everything is tight, lubing the clutch and brake cables.

Do I need to spend $190 at the dealer to maintain my warranty? Has anyone had a need to have warranty work done on a 2016 Versys?

Thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
I ordered a new Matt Orange Versys 650LT today, pick it up on Friday.

The first service is due at 600 miles, which is basically an oil change. The dealership charges $190 for this service.

I feel very capable of changing the oil and filter myself, and looking to see if everything is tight, lubing the clutch and brake cables.

Do I need to spend $190 at the dealer to maintain my warranty? Has anyone had a need to have warranty work done on a 2016 Versys?

Thanks
No, do it yourself .Save all your receipts. You are also able to download the maintenance manual on this site.Congrats on your new bike!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just did my 600 mile oil change last weekend. It was very easy. I took the plastic cowl off (3 hex bolts) on the left side to get to the drain plug. I also put some foil over the exhaust so when I removed the filter i didn't get oil on the pipes. I used Mobile 1 10w40 motorcycle oil and the Mobile 1 M1-108 filter, all from O'Reilly for less than $50.

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
Will be doing my 600 mile service soon. I'll be doing it myself. Doesn't void warranty...just document it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts