Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaving my wife and my beloved dog behind to ride off with no map or GPS. I've always had a call of the wild and have to get an escape or go crazy. I'm worried I might not want to come back home though.

Should I take this trip??? She doesn't ride and doesn't understand why I do.

:mad:

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Go for it just take loads of photos so you can show her.Then your making her a part of it by taking the time to spend with her while telling her your road story and photos.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
BTW....The dog just wants you to be happy. Some women could learn alot from a dog.:D

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Sometimes my wife says, "Just go." That's her way of acknowledging that I need my two-wheeled time.

Feel free to show your wife this...perhaps it will help?

weljo is right about your dog.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Have fun, be safe and show us your pictures!

You might want to call her each day or so to let her know you are safe and to remind her that you love her and your need to get out has nothing to do with her. If you've always done hobbie x, y or z sure you'll probably cutback after getting in a longterm relationship but clearly your love generally wouldn't/shouldn't want you to give it/them up totally. As Bones mentions....maybe show her some websites or publications that show it's completely normal for people who love to ride (or hike or boat etc...) to go out on their own for some head clearing (or other definition). My wonderful gal has no problem letting me go at least once a year since she knows she isn't up to X hours in the saddle and knows I'll be safe etc.. Have fun!

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=518431

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
My wife usually answers "on the bike somewhere" when people call looking for me.
She's the one telling me to not waste the good weather on work.
The dog just wants me to be happy as long as he can find someone else to throw the ball & fill his bowl. The parrot....she's the B###h in the mix.
Be safe, keep contact and go.

But that's just me

·
Registered
612 Posts
Definitely gotta go. That's my favorite way to travel, a vague plan but no definite agenda, no motel reservations just playin' it by ear.
I am trying to convince my wife to give it another try since our only real test a few years ago wasn't under the best circumstances but now that I have the 1000 which is roomier and more suitable for 2-up it might work out better. Regardless, she is awesome and knows how much I love getting away on the bike for a few days or a week, so I have no problem going by myself.
:goodluck:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I believe everyone needs private time once in a while.

However, in my humble and somewhat irreverent opinion, it may well depend on how close your relationship is with your wife, and how many firearms are in your home. :D

The dog won't mind because dogs live in the moment and aren't really very good with firearms. :goodluck:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I got the same go-ahead about six months ago, and did this little trip. Or, said differently, why wouldn't you go? You dog and wife will be there when you get back (right??) ...

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
Do what you got to do and be with it.

Life is short so make the most of it. Have a safe trip and do come back to loved ones.

·
Registered
179 Posts
With $500 and careful planning you could last a week. When your back home
the experiences you've had on the road will be with you a long time. After three
days away you make a big break from home, two days out and two days coming
back isn't quite enough. :goodluck:

·
Registered
193 Posts
With $500 and careful planning you could last a week. When your back home
the experiences you've had on the road will be with you a long time. After three
days away you make a big break from home, two days out and two days coming
back isn't quite enough. :goodluck:
Yeah, and since you're in Austin, it's one full day to west Texas (Marfa is my favorite stopping point) then the next day you're in New Mexico. Similar on the return - it'll be at least one full day just to re-cross Texas. Assuming you go west...

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Go for it just take loads of photos so you can show her.Then your making her a part of it by taking the time to spend with her while telling her your road story and photos.

...However, in my humble and somewhat irreverent opinion, it may well depend on how close your relationship is with your wife, and how many firearms are in your home. :D ...:goodluck:
You haven't taught her to shoot, have you...?
:D

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I'm leaving my wife and my beloved dog behind to ride off with no map or GPS. I've always had a call of the wild and have to get an escape or go crazy. I'm worried I might not want to come back home though.

Should I take this trip??? She doesn't ride and doesn't understand why I do.

:mad:
Didn't read all the posts, but did notice that the dog is beloved. The wife? don't really know. If it is her you are getting away from, absense makes the heart grow fonder so they say.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
"Honey, years from now as I lie on my death bed looking back at my life, would you like me to remember you as the fountain of joy behind the experiences in my life; or the source of my regrets for the things I missed?"

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
"Honey, years from now as I lie on my death bed looking back at my life, would you like me to remember you as the fountain of joy behind the experiences in my life; or the source of my regrets for the things I missed?"

Thats A Good One...:clap::clap::clap:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts