Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well it's got some things I can do without and a couple of improvements, but overall they haven't messed it to death, so I've put my feelers out to the local dealer and we will see what happens.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is this the 4th generation, or more like 3.5? ;)
No details about the seat, engine, no cruise control....:(
Yes I could see it as 2011 all over again, but it is another gen, just the kids look like the parents.

From what I read so far (European stuff)
Seat is reportedly slightly taller and narrower, engine is the same, no throttle by wire supposedly, so no cruise control, same 38mm Keihin throttle bodies, but different ECU and the display (too bad about the tach). 2 levels of traction control, 3 if you count off, ABS is standard, no idea if that can be turned off. LED lights and then the plastics. The wheels are lighter. I'm sure there is more stuff.

Pretty much the same Versys 650 with what you could have guessed as a minimum for today, but there is more competition in the street/sport tour/adventure end of the market, it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got my name in for a green Versys 650 LT at the local dealer.
No idea on the actual availability yet.
As for cruise control I didn't use it when I've had it anyway, I wish the tach had remained analog, but that's OK.
I've looked at my options and intended actual uses and the Versys is still getting the nod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts