Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
The bike now can come with heated grips and fog lights I am assuming they increased alternator power output

I dont think I can afford a new bike with high premium insurance so I will have my finger crossed that this will drop recent gen 3 bikes price 馃

Registered
Potential changes that I can see:
  • New seat - due to height increase of 5mm
  • Average mileage indicator
  • Range indicator
  • Water temperature monitor
  • New RR and/or alternator
  • New bottom cowling
  • Better front screen
  • LED back and front lights
  • New ECU

Registered
Yes, I do believe they and all other manufacturers use both focus groups and feedback from both previous and current owners. Then they compile the data and look at what are the must haves. Not every country requires cruise or standard heated grips.

Personally, that was important in my decision moving to the Triumph Tiger 900. I wanted cruise, various rider modes, TFT Dash, cornering abs, etc..Electronic suspension was not a must for me. Why the GT worked well for my needs. Plus I picked a gently used with 18mos left on the factory warranty for 12.5k. With only 1.3k miles. So much like you. I am also a bargain shopper. I splurged more than I wanted, but have a terrific motorcycle for me!

Now would I be tempted to trade my old 2016 650lt on a new one. Probably not. But if I were entering the segment, I can say I would seriously consider.
I think people who say they want cruise control dont give further thoughts on this
1. It will increase the price
2. It will require some redesign and a new ECU
3. How good the cruise control will be? I.e Versys 1000 basic cruise control and Ninja's adaptive cruise control is worlds apart so is the price.
4. How much you will actually use it? It doenst work on low speeds and here in UK on motorways, you always end up changing your speed to take over, more so in wide 3-4 lane roads. Unless you want to cruise below speed limits i.e. 60-65 then yeah just it works
5. How technically is it possible? How many bikes are there with 649cc or less than have cruise control? Its always bigger and big bikes

One of top reasons why people love versys is the price and without drastically increasing the price I dont see how kawasaki could put it in. Maybe in years of time when tech and material become cheaper but defo not now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts