Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Not too bad and only a $700 price increase. I still would have like to see throttle by wire and cruise. But I do like the dash.

Also, I don't know what country that video is from because the US still doesn't offer the GT. Just the base and LT.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The bike now can come with heated grips and fog lights I am assuming they increased alternator power output

I dont think I can afford a new bike with high premium insurance so I will have my finger crossed that this will drop recent gen 3 bikes price 🤞

·
Registered
120 Posts
Potential changes that I can see:
  • New seat - due to height increase of 5mm
  • Average mileage indicator
  • Range indicator
  • Water temperature monitor
  • New RR and/or alternator
  • New bottom cowling
  • Better front screen
  • LED back and front lights
  • New ECU

·
Registered
834 Posts
LED draws less current than incandescent.
Wow... LED Lightning... they must have really increased the stator output.
You both are right which is nice. Simply by using LED lighting you cut down the constant current draw on your stator reducing wear and heat which leads to it overworking. But have they improved the stator or regulator? Thats a question Onewizard will be interested in!

·
Premium Member
10,024 Posts
All those electrons running around, it is about time someone harnessed them-GO Kawasaki , we need some lightning effects here!
Hey, where is @TowerMan when you need him?

·
Registered
932 Posts
At least the dash doesn't look like a freaking tablet (T7)...
But did they just missed the opportunity to put the voltmeter on it?

The hand guards look cut to avoid hitting the windshield this time, but breaks the smooth lines...
Turn signals will still break without a mod, I'm sure.
Headlight looks broken.
And to finish, a really bad nose job.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well it's got some things I can do without and a couple of improvements, but overall they haven't messed it to death, so I've put my feelers out to the local dealer and we will see what happens.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Wow... LED Lightning... they must have really increased the stator output.
I missed the " Lightning" part, I just woke up. Gotta admit its got a nice ring to it! I like the new face and those head lights look great, .Compared to the Gen 3 headlights with LEDs the improvment would be like getting struck by lightning. I like the new turn signals, they might fit an older model. Wonder how long it will take for a Gen 3 owner to look into transplanting the whole Gen 4 front cowling minus the instrument panel on a Gen 3.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts