Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:Dgot a shiney new 45 tooth sprocket and chain fitted today , bike has 25thousand km on and rides as smooth as silk . The old chain was buggered up real bad and the bike was jerking along in traffic . I even feel a difference in engine braking , will eloborate after my 100km comute on Friday

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
I run 15/45 sprockets too, but with a 150/70 ContiTrail rear... I hope you also replaced your countershaft (front) sprocket.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didnt replace the front as it was still good . engine braking much smoother now but didnt notice a difference if acceleration or top speed .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys . the mechanic said it was still good (front) so I took his word for it , will check it this weekend

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Congrats on your new setup! :thumb:

Bought a 44t and never installed it. After reading many reviews, a 45t maybe the ticket. :thumb:

Very happy with stock and do a fair share of back road and trail, so love lower gears. :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just ordered a 44t sunstar from amazon for $35. I started to buy one for $129 that was alu. with steel teeth, but didn't want to get in that deep, not knowing if I would like the change in gearing. what im wondering, would the advantage of the higher priced one be weight reduction, and would that be of any benefit to me?

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts
...what im wondering, would the advantage of the higher priced one be weight reduction, and would that be of any benefit to me?
Well... DEFINITELY your wallet WILL be lighter...!

:D

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I learn long ago to only buy steel sprockets UNLESS you have a money tree in the back yard.

I had ONE and only one on a dirt bike years ago and it lasted less than two months and took the chain with it. The steel ones would go for 6-8 months before they died of sand and mud.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts